cheap 1 night hotel stay before 8 OKW stay????

Suzanne74

DIS Veteran
I would like to fly in the night before our big 8 day 7 night stay at OKW. I received an awesome rate for the week but the one night rates at OKW are obsurd. I would like to stay as close to Disney as possible for as cheap as I can get (without it being a hole in the wall.) We will be flying around 3-4pm and only staying there one night - not doing any parks. Just relaxing to do a full day the next day when we check into OKW early am.

Also - obviously we will get to OKW early am (like 7-8am) with our car packed w/ bags. Do we bother trying to check in or just hop on a bus to MK and check in later? Do we have to have some key or something to get on the buses?? I just hate to wait around doing a full check in when we could be heading to the park!

Maybe an All Stars resort would be ideal - they will move your luggage to OKW - right? Then I can go straight to MK Sat am and check in to OKW at our afternoon break?

Hmm?? - I need good advice!!

If your flying at about 4:00, with no delays you will be getting in around 6:30 or 7:00. JudySue and I used to do that (until we retired and moved to Orlando).

We would stay in the Airport Hyatt Regency. It is directly in the Terminal Building (and if you are coming inn on Delta you pass the entrance on the way out of the secure area). We had it down to a science; Judy would take the carryon luggage and check in; I would go to baggage claim and then to go the the desk, get my key and the room number. We would have dinner (at McCoys) and go to sleep. The next morning we would change to "park casual" clothes, have breakfast, and then get the rental car.

We would usually get either an AAA discount or government rate (telling them we were not on official business). Not getting the car until the following morning gave a better selection and often saved on the total car rental price.

have you ever tried priceline? Use www.biddingfortravel.com and it can show you what hotels usually come up for the areas you are looking for and what the price people are paying for it. We use priceline often and have always been pleased.

I ALWAYS use priceline! We usually do it twice in a trip (arrival day and departure day--we drive from Indiana). This last trip we stayed at the Wyndam on I-Drive (very close to I-4 off Sand Lake) for $32...it was really nice too! It was 3* in the Univeral/Sea World area. Have also stayed at the Radisson across the street from Univeral for around $30...again, very nice and 3*.

The bidding for travel site is very helpful.

Good luck.

Carmen

I have the same situation. I called Microtel's toll free #, and got a room for $42.00 plus tax. When she first gave me a quote, I asked if there were any special promotions or discounts, and then she said oh yes, they could give me a room for $42.00. This was in the beginning of June when I called tho, so I don't know if they still have that rate.

I would try Travellodge Main Gate on Route 192 in Kissimmee (about 10mins from the world)

We got a hotel there for 1 night at the end of our stay (just didn't want to leave) for $35.99

thanks for the suggestions.

the only reason I am afraid to use priceline is because I am afraid the hotel will be too far away. I really want to get something close as possible to Disney because we are doing MK the next morning w/ a 3yr old and would hate to wake her up super early, then spend all morning, driving, getting a rental car, check into OKW etc...

Anything right outside of the Disney gate would be great.

Suzanne74

Maybe one of you could take the 3 year old to the MK and the other could check in and meet at the park. Bring Walkie Talkies and you don't have to wait at a specific meeting spot.

that actually is a good idea but I know neither want of us are going to want to do the check in :teeth:

this is our daughter's first time to disney and we both can't wait to see the reaction when she see's Cinderella's castle - she LOVES cinderella!!

I think we are going to suck it up and get an All Stars room for $74. It will be easier - we already have access to the early morning hour and disney can transfer our luggage to OKW while we are at MK.

I looked at Travelzoo and found 35.00 for one night at Ramada Inn Eastgate. I called the hotel direct and they said I could cancel if I needed to. Do a search for Travelzoo and call and make your reservations. Be sure and print the flyer and take it with you.

If I were you, I would try to stay on Disney property at one of the Value resorts so they will move your luggage. Also, I would go on over to OKW early to check in. They will give you a number to call so you can call them back during the day to see if your room is ready before the usual check-in time of 4:00 pm. I know this wouldn't be as inexpensive as some of the other options, but I want *convenience* when I am on vacation. LOL!

The budget alternative would be an airport hotel (under $50 PL), you might also save a day on your car rental.

Since you want to do MK at rope drop staying in a value for the night makes the most sense.

8 days 7 nights at OKW. You need to get an AP. It will cost you the same amount to have an AP as it does to buy a LOS for the 8 days. I think the AP will be a little less.
If you decide to get an AP for this trip call now and book AS or Pop Century with the AP discount. I just booked for my son and future DIL to extend their honeymoon by a few days. I got them into Pop Century for $54 per night plus taxes.
You will only need one AP to get the discount but you might want to get an AP for your wife too. I have heard people write about how they buy the AP for their child, pay the child rate for the AP and then book a resort room using the child AP. Hey, whatever works. Peggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter