Chase Visa Rewards question

JenniferYoung44

Mouseketeer
Just got the premier Disney Visa card with Chase last month. The website says your reward points will show up at the end of your billing cycle. Does anyone know what dates their billing cycles run? and also, if I pay off the balance entirely will I still get the points or does the balance have to stay on there fore a month or two? Thanks

You should pay the balance entirely to avoid interest charges. You will still get the points.

Let's 101 for a minute! I'm glad you asked this, hopefully we can help you and anyone else reading this!

-Never, ever, ever run a balance on a credit card. Not for points, not for promos, not for anything. Running a balance past the due date will become a part of your credit report.
-Read your fine print. There will be fine print describing exactly how the rewards program works. As for general info what this rewards fine print should include is when and how you get rewards. If they say end of the billing cycle you should see your rewards within a couple days of the billing cycle ending.
-Some people pay early. This is usually for peace of mind, you can pay even before the statement is issued. Heck, I was so scared of messing things up with credit cards in college that I paid every charge as soon as it posted! (Obviously, I was scared, it was for peace of mind and I still got all my rewards points). I don't do that anymore but still early payment does not affect your ability to qualify under any credit card rewards program I've ever seen.

As for this specific credit card if the info is not on your online account with Chase, call the number on the back of your card if you're wondering when your statement closes (if you want to know your due date they should be able to tell you that as well).

Disney Rewards are, like many bonus programs, their own annoying pain in the rear program to get your points out of. Points post when your billing cycle closes and then you can* transfer them to your Rewards Redemption card.
*You have to have $20 worth for your first redemption, before you can even order a redemption card actually
*After the initial redemption, you can load more $$ onto the card as soon as you have built up at least $10 worth of Rewards

Do note, if you are close to traveling to Disney and your redemption card doesn't come in time, or if you forget your rewards redemption card at home, you can pick one up at various locations in DLR and WDW (think like city halls) and then call Chase and they will transfer your rewards balance to that card for you to use on your trip.

The billing cycle is dependent on when your particular card was activated. It is typically a 30 day cycle from the first day your card account was valid.

Let's 101 for a minute! I'm glad you asked this, hopefully we can help you and anyone else reading this!

-Never, ever, ever run a balance on a credit card. Not for points, not for promos, not for anything. Running a balance past the due date will become a part of your credit report.

What do you mean by this? When a credit report is run, all current account balances at the time the report is requested will show up. How else would they determine your credit utilization ratio?

What do you mean by this? When a credit report is run, all current account balances at the time the report is requested will show up. How else would they determine your credit utilization ratio?
I meant don't run an overdue balance. Of course current balances show and are important.

Hi, Jumping in to ask a question. I got the reward card for my husband and myself a few weeks ago. It says our account closes on the 18 and 22 respectively. I will hit minimum before the first closing date. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the $200 reward gift card and the reward redemption card?

Usually, with reward cards I've gotten before, the bonus offer is available on the closing date after I hit the minimum.

Hi, Jumping in to ask a question. I got the reward card for my husband and myself a few weeks ago. It says our account closes on the 18 and 22 respectively. I will hit minimum before the first closing date. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get the $200 reward gift card and the reward redemption card?

Usually, with reward cards I've gotten before, the bonus offer is available on the closing date after I hit the minimum.
Disney gives themselves 8 weeks in the fine print but people usually receive the gift card within 5 I think, sometimes even with a couple weeks. If memory serves right they batch process through a 3rd party. (All cards that qualified from dates X to Y will be processed at the same time and then after another time period all cards that qualified from dates Y to Z will be processed.)
*Gift card bonus is separate from the Rewards Card. You have to request the Rewards card from Chase, either online or by phone & can only request it once you have $20 worth of rewards. Rewards are usually available to be requested at the close of the statement.

Last edited:

I got my redemption card in about 5 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter