Chase Disney Dollars Use Strategies

How do you use your Chase Disney dollars?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have the non-premium card, and I mostly only use it when it’s giving me a discount or I’ve been given a targeted promotion. I use a chase sapphire preferred for most of my spending, the rewards are more flexible and the return rate is higher. When I do get enough Disney rewards to load a card, I usually spend them on a meal at a lounge or a couple pins.

RMN? Is that Rakuten? I only got cash back once when I bought a Disney gift card via their site (and it was a 10% day). In the terms it does state gift cards are not eligible for cash back. Though, like I said, I was able to do it once but sadly, not ever again.

RMN? Is that Rakuten? I only got cash back once when I bought a Disney gift card via their site (and it was a 10% day). In the terms it does state gift cards are not eligible for cash back. Though, like I said, I was able to do it once but sadly, not ever again.
retailmenot. I use and it always tracks for me for giftcards. YMMV though.

We use them most for all the other park spending on trips. Toys the kids want to buy, mickey bars, festival booths, quick service, random drinks around Epcot. The things I find hard to budget for in advance. Once we get to the last day or two of the trip I use whatever is left to cover the last table service meal or two. It may not be the best use of points but we enjoy the "yes" aspect it gives our kids on our Disney trips.

We generally have between $700 - 1000 in rewards.

Disney gift card purchase with 10% cash back. That sounds like a better way to squeeze out some more dollars. Thanks for that shystalip
If anyone wanted to use disney reward dollars for merchandise on shopdisney, The absolute slickest use of of disney reward dollars is as follows:
1. Wait for 10% back offer from retailmenot and order digital gift card.
2. Use immediately for another 10% back on your item when you pay with said gift card with RMN.

Ah, that's what RMN means! Retailmenot. I've seen that in other postings but didn't know. Thanks.

Just noticed that Citizen Disney watches are 20% off and if using Chase Disney credit card with code DISNEY50 you get $50 more off. My bday is March. Thinking of buying myself a gift!

We use them most for all the other park spending on trips. Toys the kids want to buy, mickey bars, festival booths, quick service, random drinks around Epcot. The things I find hard to budget for in advance. Once we get to the last day or two of the trip I use whatever is left to cover the last table service meal or two. It may not be the best use of points but we enjoy the "yes" aspect it gives our kids on our Disney trips.

We generally have between $700 - 1000 in rewards.
How is is not the “best use of points”? You’d be spending that anyway, why not use the Disney Dollars

How is is not the “best use of points”? You’d be spending that anyway, why not use the Disney Dollars

If you're using the Premier card, you earn 2% points on dining, but only 1% on things like tickets, souvenirs, etc.

So, if you presume you're ultimately spending the same total amount of money overall for everything at Disney (cash + Disney reward dollars), the better strategic use is spending those Disney dollars on things that would qualify for the lower points tier.

For example, if you have $20 in Disney Reward dollars and are spending $30 on food and $30 on a shirt, if you use your $20 rewards on the food and your card for the remaining $10 and the $30 shirt, you'd wind up with a total of 50 reward points. Now flip it and use that $20 reward on the shirt instead of the food, and you'd wind up with 70 reward points even though you're spending $40 out-of-pocket in either scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter