Chart to manage your points?

chip1

Proud Owner of 400 BCV Points!!
Since we are new to DVC, I was wondering from all you veterans how you best keep track of your points. Do you have any ideas on how to chart what you've used, borrowed, need to bank, etc.?

I have one that I received from someone on one of the boards I frequent.
Not sure if it was this one or not. It works really well. If you want it
send me an email and I will send it to you. It is an Excel Spreadsheet.

missprim@optonline.net

:D

There are a number of good spreadsheets and programs written by DVC members available.

I wrote one in MS Excel 2000 format. It will track your point usage, allow you to do 'what-ifs' with banking and borrowing. It is also handy when trying to determine how many points to purchase.

The file's zipped size is 53.9k...expanded it's 273k.

If you would like a copy click on this link to download: DVC Point Calculator

If you're at all spreadsheet saavy, you can whip one up yourself which is to you liking...I looked a a few programs and sheets that do all of this, but ultimately they felt too kludgey for me.

The one I use is simple...it does the math for me, but I have to use the charts to figure out the costs for the rooms.

-joe

Wow, Lew. Your chart is really sophisticated. I like it. Thanks for making it available.
The one I have does alot of the math also, one just needs to enter some point information in one or two columns, and the rest is magic. Mine is very simple and basic. It just tracks points alloted, banked, borrowed, used, and available from one year to the next. And of course, records all the information from previous years. Thanks again!

Originally posted by Lew

If you would like a copy click on this link to download: DVC Point Calculator

Thanks, Lew. I have one stupid question: what if your additional points are at another resort? The net points available is correct but, by resort, it's a plus and a minus. Would it be better just to set up two worksheets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter