Charles Manson has died

I thought the exact same thing, emom. It's weird to feel that way when I generally feel all life has value. Perhaps the value of Manson's life could be what NOT to be, or how sick the mind can be, but that lesson can still be learned without him still living.

I can’t believe the amount of comments in news articles about him dying, where people defended him! “He didn’t really do the killing, so he wasn’t too bad “

When I was a kid and the murders had been committed but no one had been arrested, there was a certain fear I felt. Who would do such a thing and why? The other time I remember feeling that way was after the Richard Speck murders. They went unsolved for a period of time and were so gruesome, they created that fear....

I have sympathy for his family, for many reasons, but no sadness to learn of his death. While I am opposed to the death penalty, it does seem like we, as taxpayers, have wasted an enormous amount of money on keeping this scumbag alive. At least the prison system put him away for life without parole. I know he came up for it a couple of times... which I think was wrong... but it was never granted, thankfully.

I feel no sorrow for his death. But I did find him an interesting person. Evil, horrible, insane but interesting. He was the one person I saw look into a camera and you could see the insane look in his eyes and a dead look as far as emotion or remorse.

I have heard the "but he didn't commit murder, why is he in prison" arguments too. And technically he didn't physically do the deed. But the power he had over his followers was frightening. That he could get these young people do the things they did is just unimaginable. So whatever laws that are there to prosecute someone like him, I say, thank God for those laws. And the fact that there are people who still have thought of him as unfairly persecuted and may would even listen to him today is absolutely terrifying. I mean how does someone have that kind of power over people?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter