Charge for ME and Disney transportation...

tkitty

DIS Veteran
I have used ME and Disney transportation on both trips I've made to WDW. I know that there is no charge for this, when your staying on Disney property. So, I'm wondering why RCI is telling my DD (the time share owner, trading through RCI), that there is a fee of, like, $95!?

I have a feeling that is maybe, their fee for making the arrangements with ME?
So, I would think if we tell them we don't want to add that, we can just call and make the arangements ourselves.
Does this sound right?

When you exchange in, there is the $95.00 fee always for the onsite Walt Disney World DVC resorts. Trades to Hilton Head and Vero don't have the fee. Back when Disney Vacation Club exchanged through II (Interval International), there was also the extra $95 fee. You can't opt out of it. That's part of trading into DVC. People that don't like paying it don't trade into DVC. They stay at Hilton Grand Vacation Club or Bonnet Creek instead (which are very nice). ;)

Since you have two exchanges, you will have two $95.00 fees to pay.

When you exchange in, there is the $95.00 fee always for the onsite Walt Disney World DVC resorts. Trades to Hilton Head and Vero don't have the fee. Back when Disney Vacation Club exchanged through II (Interval International), there was also the extra $95 fee. You can't opt out of it. That's part of trading into DVC. People that don't like paying it don't trade into DVC. They stay at Hilton Grand Vacation Club or Bonnet Creek instead (which are very nice). ;)

Thank you! I guess I just think everyones out to take our money;) . No problems, as long as its the norm.

Thank you! I guess I just think everyones out to take our money;) . No problems, as long as its the norm.

Think of it as a DVC tax, I guess - :rotfl: I'm glad trades into Disney's Hilton Head and Vero resorts don't have the fee, though.

You should read some of the discussions over on Tug (timeshare users group forums) - it gets pretty rowdy over there when it comes to that $95 fee. Some timeshare owners feel so strongly about the fee that they refuse to trade into DVC, or if they do, they deliberately give DVC low marks on the resort ratings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter