Characters on the Fantasy

We were on the Fantasy in April (Easter week). It was a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise, so there were Star Wars characters on that day. Looking at the Navigators, these were the characters that made appearances: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Daisy, Belle, Tiana, Peter Pan, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, Donald, Stitch, Tinkerbell, Captain Jack Sparrow, Jake the Neverland Pirate, Buzz Lightyear, Queen of Hearts, Woody, Dug, Russell, Doc McStuffins, Princess Sophia, Geppetto, Cinderella, Jiminy Cricket, Aladdin, Ariel, Needleman, George, and Jessie. There was also a Princess Meet & Greet (Cinderella, Belle, Tiana, Ariel) and a Frozen Meet & Greet (Anna and Elsa). A Disney Junior Charachter Breakfast was also available. I'm sure there may be a few that I forgot to mention. Many character appearances----you just need to decide which ones are "must sees", otherwise you will spend your cruise waiting for each character. Have fun!

What characters have you guys seen on the Fantasy recently?

We were on the Fantasy in April (Easter week). It was a Star Wars Day at Sea cruise, so there were Star Wars characters on that day. Looking at the Navigators, these were the characters that made appearances: Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Daisy, Belle, Tiana, Peter Pan, Captain Hook & Mr. Smee, Donald, Stitch, Tinkerbell, Captain Jack Sparrow, Jake the Neverland Pirate, Buzz Lightyear, Queen of Hearts, Woody, Dug, Russell, Doc McStuffins, Princess Sophia, Geppetto, Cinderella, Jiminy Cricket, Aladdin, Ariel, Needleman, George, and Jessie. There was also a Princess Meet & Greet (Cinderella, Belle, Tiana, Ariel) and a Frozen Meet & Greet (Anna and Elsa). A Disney Junior Charachter Breakfast was also available. I'm sure there may be a few that I forgot to mention. Many character appearances----you just need to decide which ones are "must sees", otherwise you will spend your cruise waiting for each character. Have fun!

We cruised June 3-10 on the Fantasy and I have highlighted the ones we had available in Pink. The list changed significantly after dry dock.

There were plenty to keep you busy. We just had the much smaller list than those who cruised before the dry dock.

We cruised June 3-10 on the Fantasy and I have highlighted the ones we had available in Pink. The list changed significantly after dry dock.

I may be mistaken, but I *think* the entertainment cast changed at that point, which would change some of the characters available - especially the face characters.

There were plenty to keep you busy. We just had the much smaller list than those who cruised before the dry dock.
Interesting! Hopefully they add a few more. It looks like the took off most of the more rare ones I was hoping to see. Lol.

I may be mistaken, but I *think* the entertainment cast changed at that point, which would change some of the characters available - especially the face characters.
That would make sense! I didn't think about that.

I agree with the face character part, but didn't understand the costume character part, which most of them were.

I agree with the face character part, but didn't understand the costume character part, which most of them were.

Because just like the face characters they have to go through extensive training for different roles and there are different requirements for different sizes.
A lot of the characters are also different performers around the ship, so sometimes not everything matches up every time.
It's not just popping on a different 'costume'. It's not like the parks where you literally have hundreds of people to call on, there numbers are very low.

The cast didn't change over dry dock, but changes were made during dry dock because of things like new programmes in the kids clubs that require different characters, and then people can only work a certain amount of hours a day.

Because just like the face characters they have to go through extensive training for different roles and there are different requirements for different sizes.
A lot of the characters are also different performers around the ship, so sometimes not everything matches up every time.
It's not just popping on a different 'costume'. It's not like the parks where you literally have hundreds of people to call on, there numbers are very low.

The cast didn't change over dry dock, but changes were made during dry dock because of things like new programmes in the kids clubs that require different characters, and then people can only work a certain amount of hours a day.

Do you think they will hire more staff to adapt to character changes or will there probably just be less characters from here forward?

Do you think they will hire more staff to adapt to character changes or will there probably just be less characters from here forward?

My guess is they will adapt within the numbers they have. Again, it is not like land where people are in apartments - there is a finite amount of space to put crew onboard the ship.

And FWIW, those in pink are about what I had on the Fantasy 2 years ago, so it really doesn't seem like a cut-back.

There are specific height/weight requirements for each costumed character. If you have someone who fits the Queen of Hearts costume (one of the tallest characters and almost always a man), you can't just replace that person with someone who usually does Donald (one of the shortest). Disney is SUPER obsessed with consistency on this.

were on the western in June; Stitch, mickey, minnie, goofy, pluto, donald, daisey, woody, buzz, cap Jack, cap hook, sme, princess , ariel, cinderella, tiana, belle, (for disney jr, breakfast, jake, doc, sofia and mickey) (royal tea was cinderella, ariel and belle)

The expanded list of characters was from the season when Star Wars cruises were going on. The prevailing theory is that the Entertainment cast was expanded for the Star Wars events and that led to additional performers being onboard during those weeks. Seems like the "normal" level has returned for the rest of the year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter