Characters at Hollywood & Vine breakfast?

bangzoom6877

DIS Veteran
In July 2008, we loved the Hollywood & Vine character breakfast because our boys were very into JoJo & Goliath and the Little Einsteins. However, for several months now, "JoJo's Circus" (and also "Feeling Good with JoJo") has not been on the Disney Channel anymore at all. Little Einsteins are still on, but not as much as they used to be. Mainly now we see Handy Manny and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Phineas and Ferb is also on a lot.

Anyone know if they plan to change the characters at Hollywood & Vine? We're going back in July and I don't think we will do that breakfast again unless they change the characters to something my boys happen to be into at the time. I just find it a little strange that they still have a character that is not even on the air anymore, and that they don't at least replace JoJo & Goliath with a character that is on more, like Handy Manny. It would even be cost-effective for them if they got rid of 2 characters and replaced them with one, plus it would keep the guests happy. I guess if the restaurant is still filling up, they do not feel a need for a change?

Couldn't agree with you more, and that's why we didn't do this meal on our trip last week. In 1/07, my DD and I went and the Jo Jo and Little Einstein characters were fairly new at that point. Now, almost 3 yrs later, my kids are both WAY over Jo Jo (my DS4 doesn't even remember this show!) and Little Einsteins is occasionally watched, but not often. They really should change out the characters more often! Handy Manny and Oso characters would be more appropriate now.

Hoping they change it next year...we really like this restaurant and the food, as well as the dancing and stuff they do with the kids.

Couldn't agree with you more, and that's why we didn't do this meal on our trip last week. In 1/07, my DD and I went and the Jo Jo and Little Einstein characters were fairly new at that point. Now, almost 3 yrs later, my kids are both WAY over Jo Jo (my DS4 doesn't even remember this show!) and Little Einsteins is occasionally watched, but not often. They really should change out the characters more often! Handy Manny and Oso characters would be more appropriate now.

Hoping they change it next year...we really like this restaurant and the food, as well as the dancing and stuff they do with the kids.

We enjoyed the food very much there as well for the breakfast! The dancing and songs they did with the kids was wonderful, and my older son participated (he was 3 at the time, but my little one was only 1 and not walking yet...he still enjoyed himself though and loved the characters!). I really hope they change it but with my luck they will end up doing that right after our trip!

I would LOVE it if they had a meal with some of the Pixar characters and I think it would be very successful. And DHS would be the perfect spot for it. Oh well, I can dream right?

Handy Manny would be a great and obvious addition to the breakfast - doesn't he already do meet-and-greets at DHS?

I'ts been discussed here before, but a Pixar meal would be really really great and would appeal to a big cross-section of guests. I don't know why they haven't done this yet.

Handy Manny would be a great and obvious addition to the breakfast - doesn't he already do meet-and-greets at DHS?

I'ts been discussed here before, but a Pixar meal would be really really great and would appeal to a big cross-section of guests. I don't know why they haven't done this yet.

Yes, Handy Manny does a meet and greet at DHS. That's why I don't understand why they haven't replaced JoJo and Goliath with him at Hollywood & Vine. It's almost a no-brainer...2 characters would be replaced with 1 character, meaning one less person to pay, plus the character would be updated with one that is popular on the Disney Channel. However, if the character meals are still popular as is, I guess they don't feel the need for a change.

As far as why they have not added in a Pixar character meal, I don't really know...I think it would really appeal to and attract a lot of people. Maybe they haven't done it because they do not know which characters to choose. They can't have the Cars characters there (just not practical); then with the rest of the Pixar film characters, how do they choose between Mike & Sulley from Monsters Inc., The Incredibles characters, the Toy Story characters, etc.? Maybe there are too many.

I think the ideal Pixar meal would have Woody & Buzz as the regular "hosts," while rotating in a couple of other characters out of a larger group. One day, the "surprise" characters might be Jessie and Sulley, another day they might be Mr. Incredible and Dug, etc. etc.

We love the format of this meal with the emcee and the dancing, but I don't see us going back until they replace Jo Jo and Goliath. My littlest guy has no idea who they are. He loves Little Einsteins but they are easily seen in another part of the park (and we've even seen June there, his fave, who is never at H&V).

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter