"Character" of Paradise Pier vs. DLHotel

vickmey

Earning My Ears
We are weighing $$ saved at PP against the cute character of the rooms at DLH.We sure could use the even little $ we'd save on the pkg with PP.

We're going with a couple of teens (one first-timer) who adore the Mickey details.
Will we find that in PP guestrooms? I'm guessing not.
Do the rooms at DLH ALL have the thematic light fixtures, wallpaper, etc?

Thanks!

43 days on my DD's countdown...

While PPH isn't as heavily themed as the DLH, there are still plenty of Mickeys to be found. The border at the top of the wallpaper, the comforter on the bed, and the upholstery of the couch in our room all had Mickey patterns in them. There were three pieces of artwork in the room, and another in the bathroom, featuring either Mickey or Mickey with Friends. I also remember the carpet in the hallway having Mickeys in the pattern :D Hope this helps.

I love the new rooms at the Disneyland hotel. They are so nice looking and fun. I am not a big fan of the Paradise Pier Hotel but the one main thing I do like is the room decore. It is not frilly but tastefully modern Mickey!!!! :)

I found the PP to have lots of Mickeys, in the wallpaper, bed spreads, artwork. It is not overdone but tastefully done. Sure it's not the DLH but if a money savings is important to you (which it was to me on my last trip) the PP was great. I guess it all depends on your expectations and how much money you'll save.

i have stayed at PP more often that DH--i like them both, you will enjoy the money you save for other things if you stay at PP!

Also, another thing I liked at PPH was the DCA concept art they have in various places on the first floor. I got up extra early one day (couldn't sleep) and went downstairs to the vending machines and walked around for a bit looking at the artwork. Some of it was pretty interesting. One even showed a DisneyQuest in DTD right next to the monorail station. That would have been cool if they had gone through with it.

Anyway, as others have also said, if you stay at PPH, you will know you are at a Disney property.

tastefully modern Mickey!!!!

I love that!! It describes the decor perfectly :D

Grog,
Yep, It would've been fantastic to have a Disney Quest in DTD. We'd definately need to visit more often and stay longer if there was!
I wanted to say I found another thread helpful on this -"Candy Cane Hotel or PPH" I think you contributed on it, thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter