? Character meals

crazymama

DIS Veteran
Well, after being green with envy watching everyone sharing their Disneyland experiences, I finally booked a trip from Sept. 21 - 28. I am so excited!! I want to do a character meal but can't decide between breakfast or dinner. My (DS 10, DS 7 and DD 5) kids won't eat much breakfast so I figure dinner might be a better choice for the price. Has anyone eaten at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner? How the food? Thanks! :banana:

Dinner is the highest price meal of the character meals in my experience...and doesn't differ much from the earlier meals of the day. I would suggest LUNCH at Goofy's as it incorporates the best of the breakfast items and the dinner items into a kind of brunch buffet. Only problem is that lunch is crowded so get PS early.

I also like Goofy's for lunch for the reasons challada gave. I like to take a break around then anyway after spending some time in the parks (morning is the best time for rides). Now I've found that late lunch is the least crowded time to go, although maybe that is changing. Dinner would be my second choice.

I think the food at Goofy's it quite good for a buffet. It also offers good variety. You'll love it!

I would second what CalGal said...we always take a break midafternoon anyway, so if you schedule the later lunch time with a PS, you won't be as rushed or crowded and still have the character meal at it's best. On character lunch days we usually go extra early to the park (before opening for the line drop) after a small breakfast at the hotel...then we get a small midmorning snack (ie muffin or popcorn or such) and continue riding until we have to go...then hop the monorail to DLH and eat our lunch around 1:30 or 2pm...then no need for dinner!

We did lunch at Ariel's Grotto in DCA around 1 pm and it was pretty quiet.. it is a fixed price.. $16.99 (I think) and you can choose from soup or salad and then a main course. The food was pretty good, the portions were pretty big and the character interaction was amazing.. plus the kids LOVED dancing with them. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Max, Donald, Chip and Dale. They were all dressed in their nautical wear.

We also did the Princess breakfast, although we didn't end up seeing all the Princesses, we saw many, but didn't get visited by many. It was ok though, the ones that did visit were awesome - especially Mary poppins and Bert!

We also popped in for breakfast at Storytellers one morning without PS's and sat right down. There you can order off the menu or get the buffet so it is a pretty cheap way to do a character meal. There are not as many characters though. We saw Chip and Dale, Pluto, Meeko, Terk and one other that escapes me at the moment.

They were all good, the food at Storytellers was the best. Plus, all of us ordered off the menu and our 2 year old ate off the buffet for free.

We like to go to Goofy's kitchen for the character dinner the day we arrive. After we check in to our hotel we swim for a while and go back and change for dinner. It is a perfect way to begin a Disneyland vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter