Character Meal must do's

MarBee

DIS Veteran
We are planning our first trip to Universal at the end of February. We are staying at Royal Pacific so that we get the free express pass and have 2.5 park days to explore. I am a big Harry Potter fan; my 6 year old son LOVES super heroes! My 7 year old loves pretty much anything.

We looooove character meals at Disney because my kids like collecting autographs and interacting with characters, and I hate waiting in line for them to do so:)

We are not foodies, and we enjoy the standard junk that they serve at restaurants and buffets, if that makes a difference.

So, in your opinion, which character meals at Universal are a must do for us?

Any input welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hi I am only familiar with the Superstar Character Breakfast at La Bamba in the studios. I Believe this is the only one that they have. I did it two years ago and it was your typical character breakfast buffet. It was worth it once but I wouldn't do it again. The characters were Gru and the minions, Dora and Diego, Spongebob and Squidward and HOP movie characters. The meet and greets are not as abundance like in Disney. There are the transformers outside of the store entrance. Spongebob and Patrick are in the store by E.T. the Scooby gang is outside on the streets in the studios.

You have some of the superheros at IOA outside.

Enjoy!

Hi I am only familiar with the Superstar Character Breakfast at La Bamba in the studios. I Believe this is the only one that they have. I did it two years ago and it was your typical character breakfast buffet. It was worth it once but I wouldn't do it again. The characters were Gru and the minions, Dora and Diego, Spongebob and Squidward and HOP movie characters. The meet and greets are not as abundance like in Disney. There are the transformers outside of the store entrance. Spongebob and Patrick are in the store by E.T. the Scooby gang is outside on the streets in the studios.

You have some of the superheros at IOA outside.

Enjoy!

Thank you! I know you said the meet and greets aren't in abundance like in Disney, but bo characters have set times/places like in Disney? And do they sign autographs? My son will go nuts meeting superheroes:)

Thank you! I know you said the meet and greets aren't in abundance like in Disney, but bo characters have set times/places like in Disney? And do they sign autographs? My son will go nuts meeting superheroes:)

The superheroes ride into the Superhero area a few times a day. The times are listed in the app. They will sign autographs. My son has a t-shirt signed by several of them. I think Spider-Man and maybe Capn America meet longer. But it’s those two plus several of the X-men.

My DS5 loves eating at Capt America Diner. Honestly there isn’t much there other than comic like images on the walls but since CA is one of his favorites it made him happy. Their burgers aren’t bad. Typical theme park.

You’re staying at RPR?

Then you have the character dinners too........on select nights you can eat in Islands and Scooby and Shaggy or Velma will be there....if not them it’s usually Gru and a Minion.......we did see a Minion on it’s own last year too.

Sometimes it’s the Simpsons too.

On a Sunday morning they have the character breakfast......there’s minions and various other characters........the interactions with these characters are truly fabulous. And food is excellent too.

The dinners with characters are on offer at not only RP but PBH and HRH........and nights do vary......I would call directly to find out for sure which characters are there on a certain night.

As for the parks there are loads of meet and greets.......

Have a look at this site for the kind you’ll run into.......post 128 has the list.......some pictures need updated, must get around to that.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/universal-character-site-updated-march-2016-pg-7.2544397/

Edited to say, I`ve updated some of my pictures that were on that thread.....Photobucket made some pictures invisible, so have added some older ones at the end of the thread today.....I have more but they must be on my computer somewhere.....

But there are loads of meets and greets and the character dinners at the hotel are truly fantastic for interaction.

Last edited:
Be aware that according to Orlando Informer and some others sites, the Superstar Character Breakfast is ending in November. Not sure when the replacement will begin.

You will find many characters at the studios

I have done pictures with hello
Kitty. Lucy/Ricky, Simpsons characters, scooby and gang, transformers, etc

Check out the universal characters sticky for more information about the park meet and greets

Thank you all! Hopefully we will be able to check out the superstar breakfast and have some dinners when we go.

You’re staying at RPR?

Then you have the character dinners too........on select nights you can eat in Islands and Scooby and Shaggy or Velma will be there....if not them it’s usually Gru and a Minion.......we did see a Minion on it’s own last year too.

Sometimes it’s the Simpsons too.

On a Sunday morning they have the character breakfast......there’s minions and various other characters........the interactions with these characters are truly fabulous. And food is excellent too.

The dinners with characters are on offer at not only RP but PBH and HRH........and nights do vary......I would call directly to find out for sure which characters are there on a certain night.

As for the parks there are loads of meet and greets.......

Have a look at this site for the kind you’ll run into.......post 128 has the list.......some pictures need updated, must get around to that.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/universal-character-site-updated-march-2016-pg-7.2544397/

Edited to say, I`ve updated some of my pictures that were on that thread.....Photobucket made some pictures invisible, so have added some older ones at the end of the thread today.....I have more but they must be on my computer somewhere.....

But there are loads of meets and greets and the character dinners at the hotel are truly fantastic for interaction.
I’ve been looking at all of these pictures and getting so pumped for my trip now! Thank you for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter