Character Meal Costs with Toddler

catherines_mama

DIS Veteran
Am I correct in the assumption that under 3yo children eat free at Character Meals.

My DD will be 2 1/2 at the time we travel, and I am playing with our budget. Thanks a ton!
Deedee

This is why it amazes me that people say, "don't take your child till their at least five." Whatever....I am taking my DS as many times as possible while he is still cheaper to fly, free to go into the parks, and costs nothing for meals. ;) Well, I guess there are many other reasons, like, he totally is amazed and loves every minute of WDW.

Yeah, they don't charge for children under three and will also bring them a plate of food at restaurants like CRT. They get full treatment with no cost to you. Its great for me because my DS, even on our last trip when he was one, can really eat a lot. Its a Disney deal! Imagine that :)

great point castlegazer. I too couldn't believe the people telling us to wait until DD was older. Our first trip she was 2 1/2 and DS was 12. Many people (of course they had never been to WDW) told us what a waste of money it was to take her that young, what a bad time we would have etc. OK so she got in for free, ate for free. Where's the waste of money?

Thanks everyone.. but I really am confused now.

I am looking at the menus and.. they say.. FOOD FOR KIDS 3 - 11..... Does my 2yo eat counter service free? Or are they not expecting my 2yo to eat? LOL

Ok... really confused now. MORE HELP! Thanks

At the counter service restaurants you can either feed her your food. What we do a lot is get a kids meal and an adult meal and the 3 of us share it. They do not give you any food at a counter service restaurant.

Hope that helps!
Christy

If you eat at a buffet or family style restaurant, she will eat free. If you go to a regular "menu" restaurant or counter-service, you pay for whatever you order for her. So, even if the kids meal says ages 3-11, if you order it for her, you pay for it. We just returned with our 2 year-old and always just shared with her at the counter-service restaurants. We'd buy her a drink, and share our food. We ate at Mama Melrose one night and ordered something for her from the kid's menu and we paid regular price.

HTH!

Okay.. thanks so much for clearing it up. I really was expecting to pay at most placed anyway, but was thrown off a bit with those menus.

Thanks! :wave:
Deedee

Ooh, good point riggins. I was a little confusing in my post about CRT. The women in CRT brought my DS a plate of the children's menu food for free. Similarly, at HDDR, my DS got a plate for serving the food onto. Buffets or all you can eat restaurants are where the value lies because the child won't be charged to you as the additional mouth that they are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter