Character Dining, which and where to go?

stlsports4ever

Disney Student 101
Hi everybody! We are making some choices on which dining plans to choose from. We do not have the dining plan and are staying at another resort (not Disney). We are taking my 6 year old daughter and a bunch of teenagers. My wife loves Winnie the Pooh and she loves the princesses. Also, we all love breakfast food and BBQ. Any help on this would be huge! Thank you.

Mike

We enjoyed breakfast at Crystal Palace,a fairly good selection of food. Breakfast lasagna is GREAT!!The atmosphere is fun and cheerful. We had dinner at 1900 Park Fare.Great food!!!!!One of our favorites this past trip.Our 8yr old twin girls were SO excited to see Cindy and Prince Charming.We all enjoyed the experience and would definately go back!We have also done Chef Mickeys in the past for breakfast-good food and a very fun atmosphere..We will be going there on our next vaca.

Paula

Crystal Palace in MK is a great breakfast buffet w/ Pooh characters,
Breakfast is norway is awesom w/ the princesses. My kids love
Chef Mickeys. We have never done the Backyard BBQ, but hear good things
about it. Also the Hoop=dee-do-Review is great fried chix, but no characters.
For a not so rushed feel, Cape May Cafe in the Beach club is nice character breakfast. We are trying Ohana for our next trip w/ Stitch. I have seen some great looking pictures of the food there.
I don't think you can go wrong w/ any character meal. Have a magical trip.:wizard:

Breakfast lasagna? Lasagna is my favorite dish. We were leaning towards Chef Mickey's but I heard its real noisy and crowded. Then again, everywhere should be crowded. How many meals do they offer for breakfast? I heard at the palace that the earlier the better?

Mike

Breakfast lasagna? Lasagna is my favorite dish. We were leaning towards Chef Mickey's but I heard its real noisy and crowded. Then again, everywhere should be crowded. How many meals do they offer for breakfast? I heard at the palace that the earlier the better?

Mike

Chef Mickey's has a delicious breakfast with lots of choices. As my DH says "all the heavy hitters are there -- Mickey, Minnie, Goofy . . ." We found that we like to get the last seating of the morning when it's winding down in there. We have had the characters all to ourselves. My DDs will never forget Mickey dancing and flirting with their GM (and making Minnie very upset by the way!) This usually has us eating around 11 a.m. We usually grab a bite to eat in the morning and then use this as our lunch. Sometimes we get some rides in at MK before going to CM or we just have a relaxing morning on CM day! Have fun!

Breakfast at Chef Mickeys is great, very vibrant, twirling your napkin in the air as the parade goes through, etc. Crystal Palace features the characters you asked for and is a little more subdued but still a lot of fun. I liked the food better at Chef Mickeys but the Crystal Palace just can't be beat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter