• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Breakfasts for Adults?

T

TexasBornNBred

I know that we'll probably be the ONLY adults at the Character Breakfast without kids.How have you other adults handled this?I want to have a character breakfast but am unsure of how to do it,since I don't have kids.I don't want anybody to stare at me like I'm a fraek.

TBNB

PS--Does anybody know if there is a breakfast that features Mulan or Ariel?Those are two of my favorites,although an all-princesses breakfast wouldn't be bad either.:)

We've been to 2 character meals as adults with no kids (ours are grown). Thinking back, I don't even know for sure but I think we were the only adults at Crystal Palace, but there could well have been other adults-only groups at 1900 Park Faire. Obviously, we never felt we stuck out since I can't remember the other groups. I understand your fears though-I can't bring myself to go to a character meal solo.

The last time she went,my friend Ursula said she and her DH were the only ones at their character breakfast(at the Grand Floridian)who were sans kids. She said she had a great time and the food was magnificent and the characters lovely.*shrugs*Since this is all still in the planning stages....we'll see.I"ve never been to WDW so this is one of those things I kinda want to do..to 'experience the magic',so to speak.

TBNB

I had breakfast at Cape May Buffet just a few days ago. The character interaction was excellent even though there were no children at our table.

When I had my photo made with Minnie, she "signed" that she had seen me before and had had a photo made with me. I couldn't believe she would remember me from the DISCON character breakfast 4 days prior.

You will enjoy an adults only character breakfast, it's fun :)

well I am planning for dinner a park fare 1900 so I can see POOH!!! I have the PS already, I can't wait till Janurary. 27d 17h till I am AT WDW!! now back to the topic, It will be me and my girlfriend for the dinner, so we will be with out kids as we do not have any yet. But we are both kids at heart.

It is something we are used to as we go to Chuck E Cheeses and kids movies (Monsters Inc, Toy Story 2, etc.) and always comment we should rent some kids. Soon my friends kids will be getting old enough to go to movies and stuff so maybe we can "watch" them for a while when we do kids stuff.

Mike

During my last trip, I had 2 character meals: breakfast at Cindy's, and lunch at the Garden Grill, all without children.

There were 4 adults at Cindy's, and we truely did not feel out of place at all! We were all so taken with the atmosphere/decor, the food, and the characters, that we really didn't notice that there were even any other people in the restaurant!

We had a party of 5 at the Garden Grill (and DH and I did the re-hitchin ceremony) and felt very comfortable. The booths at this restaurant are set up in a way that you do not even see any other customers, plus the character interaction is fantastic, even for adults.

While I think that breakfast at Cindy's is something I would only do once without kids, I plan to have lunch at the Garden Grill each and every trip from now on!

Krissy

What is the 're-hitchin ceremony'?It sounds like fun!

TBNB

TexasBornNBred - the rehitchin ceremony was a lot of fun! It is a really informal ceremony, where your waiter/waitress gets up and shouts out to the entire restaurant that it is your anniversary nd you are there to get rehitched! They do a little ceremony of sorts, an then make you kiss. Then, you are rehitche! You also get a certificate stating that you were rehitched, with Mickey as the best man. It is really cute anda lot of fun. If you call to make a PS. let them know you want to do the rehitchin ceremony (it is for anniversaries, but I think you could do it anytime). I didn't tell DH that I had it scheduled, and he sure was surprised (and a very good sport about it).

Enjoy!

Krissy

We did a character breakfast and a character dinner during our honeymoon. :) We don't have any kids yet. And, we'll be doing another Character breakfast next week! :D

The characters were wonderful with us! They all stoped by our table and took pictures! This year I'm going for autographs!

Hi TexasBornNBred,
I did four solo charactor meals my last trip. The CM's were great, one made sure all the charactors came over and took pics for me. The charactors interact with you, one asked where my date was. I did not notice if people stared but I would not have cared as I was having to much fun.
Do them and have a great time.
Bobºoº

I have done numerous caracter meals solo and with my wife. We are empty nesters now. I proposed to her in front of Pooh(her favorite) at the Crystal Palace. The more you are willing to interact with the caracters the more they will do. I would say look at all of them and find the one or more that has the caracters you want to see. Don't forget plenty of film and something for autographs. I have several autograph books from different trips. We start by saying something to the caracters when they show up st your table. They take the cue from how you act. The more you do the more they do. Goofy had my wife going crazy and she had him going too. The was at Hollywood and Vine at MGM and he got her to dance with him there. I have a some great phots of those 2. Have a great trip.

We have not done a character breakfast, but we have had a character lunch and a character supper. Both of our character meals were at the Garden Grill. I love that place. We never felt out of place not having kids with us. Like Krissalee said the way the Garden Grill is set up you don't notice anyone else. Also, this makes you feel like you are the only one spending time with your visiting character. It is great. My husband and I plan on eating here each and every trip. I would like to do Cindy's for breakfast, but am hesitant because of food allergies.

One more thing, if you ever find a character meal with Mulan PLEASE let me know! I'm glad she is finally being included in the parks. I never could find her pin this last trip. But that is a whole other subject.

You will have a great time!

Originally posted by TexasBornNBred
I know that we'll probably be the ONLY adults at the Character Breakfast without kids.How have you other adults handled this?I want to have a character breakfast but am unsure of how to do it,since I don't have kids.I don't want anybody to stare at me like I'm a fraek.

TBNB

PS--Does anybody know if there is a breakfast that features Mulan or Ariel?Those are two of my favorites,although an all-princesses breakfast wouldn't be bad either.:)

Hi TexasBornNBred,

My husband and I do at least three character meals a trip and we have never felt out of place or were we ever the only adults without childern there. WDW is the number one honeymoon destination.:)

We always do the CB at 1900 Park Fare located at the GF, the CB at Donald's Breakfastasurs(sp?) located at the AK and the CD at Chef Mickey's located at the Cont.

We have been married for going on eight and a half years and are chid free and we have enjoyed all of our WDW trips. We have never felt out of place or made to feel like we do not belong because we do not have childern.

Go and enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter