• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Breakfast??

kbb1109

Earning My Ears
This is our first trip to wdw and would like some opinions on the Character meals. We are traveling with a 3 y/o and an 18 m/o. We would prefer a breakfast. Any suggestions or preferences?

Karen

Depends on which characters your kids like best. When we dine with characters in the park, we usually get a later seating (9:45), skip lunch and have an early dinner. This avoids some of the crowds. The kids usually have a snack before leaving the hotel to hold them over until brreakfast. The other way to go is to eat at a breakfast outside of the park. This way you don't spend your park time at a restaurant. Lots of hotels have them. We've been to Crystal Palace, Olivias's, Cinderella's Castle and Polynesian Luau (with Minnie) and our kids have loved them all.

We have found that the breakfast at Chef Mickey's at the
Contemporary to be wonderful every time we've gone.
We book priority far in advance for our check out day so that we
can go eat about 9:00 and still have time to get back to the poly
before late. It gives the kids something to look forward to all week
and we get a good full belly before getting on an airplane.

We love Cinderella's in the MK! and my 2nd choice would be 1900 Park Fair at the GF. But I think you're gonna get a lot of Chef Mickey's. It wasn't bad to me but lots of parents love it!

Cheryl :bounce:

Those ages are so magical for characters. (That's why I always encourage people to take their children to WDW the first time when they are small....it's really the only time you have pure innocence and fantasy with the characters).

Personally, I'd vote for a Pooh meal. I find the Crystal Palace way too rushed, so if you go for Pooh and have a car, drive over to Olivia's at OKW. The food is okay, but the character interaction is unbelieveable because the restaurant is smaller than most. Pooh always tends to spend more time with small children like yours, and at Olivia's he has the time to do it.

Otherwise, I'd do Donald's Breakfastasauras in AK. That's lots of fun and lots of the characters.

If you want a resort breakfast, do Ohanas at the Polynesian. Last time I went, it was Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale all dressed Hawaiian themed....and they did parades with the children around the restaurant.

Enjoy your trip....the look of their little faces will be in your memories forever, trust me!

Yes depends on characters but here our experiences at the following resturants

Chef Mickeys - a MOST ON EVERY TRIP - do breakfast around 9:30/10Am then don't have to have a heavy lunch... and We also have a light granola bar or maybe be our morning to sleep in.

Garden Grill at Epcot - A MOST ON EVERY TRIP - do breakfast again around 10AM - what we like about this one is we always ride the LIVING with the land... Because the resturant revolves slowly with in part of the ride... What we like about this one also is it is sit down breakfast but all you can eat.. WE have had good service and characters have been good to us..... bUT I HAVE READ other places where some people don't have that good of luck there.

NOW the
Donald's breakfastarous - we didn't care for... Again we had a late breakfast.. the buffet was not fresh... cold/rubbery... and the characters were rushed through with a "bodyguard" and they didn't really take time with us... Plus it is in a METAL building and the noise was terrible..
MY SISTER AND HER FAMILY love this one... but they said they ate earlier in the morning...
Maybe since we did late they were rushing us out for the lunch crowd....??????

But I really think anywhere is a good place to try....
This is not a character breakfast but the whispering canyon at Wilderness Lodge- We have went to the evening meal one but see they serve the same thing for less price during the noon meal... The waiter/waitresses acted up and like it is a western sitting... sometimes bring out stick horses.. has the kids put on their 'hankies' for napkins, etc...... It seems they have always different 'acts' for your table everytime we have went.
I suggest just get the bbq skillet....... my girls are picky eaters but they seem to like it.

As always in disney there is really nothing BAD>>> it is too magical... just think if they have a lunch crowd coming soon when you make your reservations or if it is just breakfast/evening.
AND YES DO MAKE RESERVATIONS BEFORE YOU GO TO DISNEY>>> LIKE MONTHS AHEAD>>>
They seem to take them like every 10 minutes so if 10 is filled try 9:50 or 10:10... kind of thing.
And you always can cancel them.. no credit card needed just so you are going to be at the resorts...... Especially if not sure of schedule yet and even if you get to disney and plans are not going as wish just be courtsey and call them to cancel....

Good luck --- and have a magical time.....

My vote goes for Chef Mickey! We go there every visit to WDW. The kids love it , the food is not bad and the interaction is wonderful!:bounce:

There is now a Pooh and Friends Dinner at the Grand Floridian--it's a buffet, and Pooh, Piglet, Eyeore, and Tigger come by your table individually. But, If your children aren't going to recognize other characters, don't bother taking them to some of the character meals. Save your money. At such young ages, all they may recognize are the pooh characters, or Mickey and Minnie, or maybe Donald. Some very young children are afraid of the characters. An inexpensive way to get your children to greet the characters, would be to schedule the Ice Cream Social at the Land pavilion at Epcot. It's from 3 p.m to 4 p.m. and the ice cream is o $6.50 or so, excluding drinks. Mickey, Chip and Dale, Pluto and sometimes Minnie show up and you'll have time to pose for pictures with them and they'll sign autograph books. It's a great way to see the "one and only Mickey" without interference. Book through 1-407-WDW-DINE. Hope this helps.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter