Character breakfast

julie tinkerbell

Earning My Ears
On previous cruises we had a character breakfast with Mickey, Minnie etc, but I can only see bookings for Disney Junior character breakfast on our forthcoming cruise in September. Or is this a completely different activity and we will get a character breakfast as before without having to book. Thank you

On previous cruises we had a character breakfast with Mickey, Minnie etc, but I can only see bookings for Disney Junior character breakfast on our forthcoming cruise in September. Or is this a completely different activity and we will get a character breakfast as before without having to book. Thank you
The Disney Jr characters are on certain itineraries. The "Fab Five" are on certain itineraries. You are no longer assigned to a breafast time.

Thank you for clarifying, I have booked Disney Junior but not sure my DH will be impressed. It’s just the two of us!

Unless you are big Disney Junior friends (Jakes, Sophia, Doc McStuffins), I would skip it.
Mickey is there, though.

I thought it was a lot less entertaining than the character meals I've done at Disneyland. It was quick photo ops, but that was it.

I would cancel the Character Breakfast and see if Breakfast is being served in one of the other MDRs that morning. You and your DH will have a much more enjoyable time. :thumbsup2

The Disney Jr characters are on certain itineraries. The "Fab Five" are on certain itineraries. You are no longer assigned to a breafast time.
Our experience has been that the “Fab Five” were at what was billed as the VIP Character Breakfast on our Panama Canal cruise last fall and Transatlantic cruise last month, so they might also be on the Magic’s summer cruises in Europe and the Wonder’s Alaska itineraries. I know it was the Disney Junior characters on the Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise spring of 2017.

From the DCL website:

• The Disney Junior Character Breakfast is presented on 7-plus night cruises departing from U.S. domestic ports with a minimum of 2 days at sea. While appearances may vary per cruise, Jake, Sophia and Doc McStuffins are typically the featured Characters.
  • VIP Characters appear on 7-plus night cruises departing from non-domestic ports (including our Alaskan itineraries) with a minimum of 2 days at sea. Though appearances may vary per cruise, most sailings will include Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto.
  • Character Breakfasts with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Pluto are features on 14 night transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises.
  • Character Breakfasts are not currently offered on any 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6 night cruises.

Last edited:
Our experience has been that the “Fab Five” were at what was billed as the VIP Character Breakfast on our Panama Canal cruise last fall and Transatlantic cruise last month, so they might also be on the Magic’s summer cruises in Europe and the Wonder’s Alaska itineraries. I know it was the Disney Junior characters on the Fantasy Western Caribbean cruise spring of 2017.

That was the case on our Alaskan cruise a couple of weeks ago. It was a ticketed booking, though free, and we were assigned a time to show up for the VIP Character Breakfast. Tickets were delivered to our stateroom, and upon entering Animator's Palate where it was held, a CM was standing outside with a clipboard and guest list and checked for our names and room # on the list.

We did character breakfast in the Med, got Mickey, Minnie and Goofy, no Pluto. No kids, just 3 adults, but it was the only chance I really had to do character pix this trip, port days in the Med are just too busy, that made me glad I booked it. Plus they are super efficient with breakfast service so my other adults couldn't even complain about the time spent lol. And I had left our camera on the table, when the cast member came up with the character he just picked it up and started shooting, getting us all in the pictures. Interesting that domestic does Disney Jr instead of Fab 5, but since I like Doc McStuffins I would probably still do it.

I would say our one character breakfast was the biggest disappointment in terms of meeting characters and food. As an adult I will not be doing it again. My children when asked said they were happy to skip it. Food selection is tiny, time with characters a bit rushed and my photos turned out terribly.

I would say our one character breakfast was the biggest disappointment in terms of meeting characters and food. As an adult I will not be doing it again. My children when asked said they were happy to skip it. Food selection is tiny, time with characters a bit rushed and my photos turned out terribly.
We had a similar character breakfast experience on the Fantasy: lame character interaction (Mickey & Disney Junior) and poor food.

But on the Wonder last week sailing out of Vancouver, we had Mickey, Minnie & Goofy, and the interaction was as good as at character restaurants at WDW. And the food was good, too.

So the VIP character breakfast for cruises sailing from foreign ports seems to be a lot better than the non-VIP character breakfast sailing out of American ports.

We had a similar character breakfast experience on the Fantasy: lame character interaction (Mickey & Disney Junior) and poor food.

But on the Wonder last week sailing out of Vancouver, we had Mickey, Minnie & Goofy, and the interaction was as good as at character restaurants at WDW. And the food was good, too.

So the VIP character breakfast for cruises sailing from foreign ports seems to be a lot better than the non-VIP character breakfast sailing out of American ports.

Maybe we should try again. Since it's a 14 night cruise the breakfast might be more fun. Also, I won't feel like I'm missing my favorite breakfast items as I no longer feel terribly guilty about leaving food on my plate that I don't like and heading to another venue to eat.

They know it's not spectacular too, because our serving team, the night before our breakfast, told us about the food selection, the service would be very slow and guests often complain about it so they wanted to warn us so we were prepared. They advised us to get up a little early, go eat at Cabanas, fill up, and then go to the character breakfast to have coffee, pastry, and meet the characters. They said the same food is served in Cabanas so we wouldn't be missing anything. Because of our serving team's warning, I didn't feel like we had a bad experience, but it wasn't like Ohana's breakfast either. In the end, we basically only did it because it did not have an additional charge and figure it would be a few less lines to stand in for pics and autographs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter