Character Breakfast transportation before park opening

IndianaDVCMember

Boardwalk Villas
We'll be staying at VWL and have a seating for CRT at 8:05 on a day that the Magic Kindom opens at 9:00 am. I got the information from guest services that we should take a character breakfast bus to the TTC (service starting 45 minutes before seating), and then take the monorail with the park letting us in around 8:00. This just seems to be cutting it awfully close. Would this be a reliable way to make it in time? If not, are taxis/limos permitted to drop off at the MK and bi-passing the TTC?

We did the character bus at BWV last year for an 8:20a CRT. The character buses start at 7:00a and they bring you right to MK, not TTC.

You should make it just be sure and get the the bus before 7:00a.

beattyfamily said:
We did the character bus at BWV last year for an 8:20a CRT. The character buses start at 7:00a and they bring you right to MK, not TTC.

You should make it just be sure and get the the bus before 7:00a.

I think the transportation from VWL to MK is unique . My understanding is that the only direct transportation from VWL to MK is by boat, and the boat service won't start until 30 minutes before the official opening.

I didn't know there wasn't a bus from WL to MK. Oh well then.

Here's a transporation thread started by Chip and Dale Express, who is a Disney bus driver. If you post there, you'll be sure and get an accurate answer.

beattyfamily said:
I didn't know there wasn't a bus from WL to MK. Oh well then.

Here's a transporation thread started by Chip and Dale Express, who is a Disney bus driver. If you post there, you'll be sure and get an accurate answer.

Thanks,

I think I got the answer that I needed. We will really have to hustle.

You won't have to hustle. The monorail starts running at 7 am. Cast members will let you ride the resort monorail loop to the MK if you tell them you have a PS.

IndianaDVCMember said:
We'll be staying at VWL and have a seating for CRT at 8:05 on a day that the Magic Kindom opens at 9:00 am. I got the information from guest services that we should take a character breakfast bus to the TTC (service starting 45 minutes before seating), and then take the monorail with the park letting us in around 8:00. This just seems to be cutting it awfully close. Would this be a reliable way to make it in time? If not, are taxis/limos permitted to drop off at the MK and bi-passing the TTC?
You have two options. First, you could take the boat to the Contemporary, and walk. Second option is to take the bus to the TTC, and then hop on the resort monorail to the MK.

Both options start service at around 7:00am, give or take.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter