• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Character Breakfast/Dining & Eats across the street, late Nov trip.

Emagine

DVC Member
Hiya,

We have been before, obviously pre Covidpita! I was looking at the Character dining and noting the menu changes from our last stay. I was also looking at the forums for Oahu in general and seeing how many tourist were complaining about the dining around the island. For those who have been recently, how is the situation? I will be honest, I am on the fence with the whole character menu as it looks under par for the cost but we were hoping to do one character meal.

Has anyone been into Monkeypods, etc, around the walking area? How is it? We normally would sit in the patio area. We changed things up and flying on Thanksgiving Day to skip all the family what nots of in laws. Looking to make this a fun trip but different than we normally do as we have never been this time of year. I am looking for anyone who has been this time of year to tell me some inside scoop of events.

Hiya,

We have been before, obviously pre Covidpita! I was looking at the Character dining and noting the menu changes from our last stay. I was also looking at the forums for Oahu in general and seeing how many tourist were complaining about the dining around the island. For those who have been recently, how is the situation? I will be honest, I am on the fence with the whole character menu as it looks under par for the cost but we were hoping to do one character meal.

Has anyone been into Monkeypods, etc, around the walking area? How is it? We normally would sit in the patio area. We changed things up and flying on Thanksgiving Day to skip all the family what nots of in laws. Looking to make this a fun trip but different than we normally do as we have never been this time of year. I am looking for anyone who has been this time of year to tell me some inside scoop of events.

My family stayed at the Aulani in May. We did the character breakfast one morning and the food was very good. During a previous stay, we ate at Monkeypod but the wait was extremely long. We didn't attempt it this last time, but we did eat at Eggs n Things which is also across the street. People raved about it online but I just thought that the food was okay. Be prepared for long waits. There was a staffing shortage when we there in May, so there were empty tables but not enough staff to man the tables. It might be better in November, but I'd be prepared for it just in case.

We were there in June.
We did character breakfast and enjoyed it. I really liked the pancakes.
Monkey pod is fine but the waits are long. They estimated 35 minutes but it was actually 55 minutes and this was early dinner. Once seated service was fast.
eggs and things was good - quoted waiting time was right and meal was a good value comparatively.
overall be prepared for waits until the supply and demand even out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter