• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing to concierge at AKL?

Sharper

Mouseketeer
I currently have reservations for Savannah view at AKL. The reason being two-fold: I got a great rate and understood that concierge rooms did not always mean savannah view. Now I am thinking concierge would be SO nice, and that perhaps at check-in they would be able to tell us if concierge/savannah view might be available and we could upgrade, but I have NO IDEA what that would do to our rate. Has anyone done this? Is it usually more of a flat amount price increase or ??

Thanks!

Sorry, but I am really biased when it comes to AKL. We did exactly that when went on our first trip to AKL when it opened. From what I have read here, they have THE best concierge service of the deluxe hotels. Again, I have only done concierge at AKL, but I wouldn't go anywhere else. If it is available, I would wholeheartedly say "Go for it!" The extras are definately worth it, and you will amazed by the staff. They create magic for every guest. If you do decide to go concierge, look for us, we will also be there for Christmas...our first time at this time of year.

My husband and I tried to do this in November. They had concierge rooms, but I was qoted the price of an extra $130 some-odd per night. If you already have a code rate, I think you would probably be better off upgrading now (with codes) rather than checking to see if they can honor a code rate for concierge when you get there. Another issue is the Sunrise Safari. If you wanted to participate in this you have to book ahead of time (unless you're going during a super-slow season). Just some things to keep in mind. You'll have a wonderful time at this resort no matter what. It's really like nothing you've ever seen!

Erin :D

There are very few Savannah views on concierge floor. We had to take a room on the 5th floor to get view. They had us on the 6th floor overlooking the pool.

I did this a year ago when staying at the Polynesian. Just two weeks before, I called and asked if I could switch to Concierge under the same code. No problem!

Of course YMMV. If AKL concierge is full on any of the nights during your stay, you may be out of luck. If you are successful it will cost you at least $80-$100 per night extra, not a flat fee but depending on the season and rate code you use. I have heard that the vast majority of concierge rooms are savannah view, but don't know that firsthand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter