• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing to a 2 BR in Sept?

brandip22

Busy obsessing over my next trip!
My DSister just finally agreed to let me take my neice to WDW with us in September- (3rd-10th). I have a 1 BR right now, but want to go ahead and change to a 2 BR(Mimi may get to com eas well!). Our home is at SSR and that's where we are booked now. Don't mind which resort, though for a 2 BR. Do you think we'll be able to switch this late? I know it's slow in general but busy for DVCers. I'll call first thing in the AM, but wanted your wise opinions just b/c I'm so excited she gets to go. It'll be pretty much a once in a lifetime trip for her. They cannot afford and it I'm going to beg and save every extra penny to pay for her to go. Plus, she'll be a big help with DS who'll be just 3. Thanks in advance!

I've never heard September referred to as a busy time--even with the low DVC points. I don't think you'll have any problems changing. You may even have several resorts to choose from.

I booked a 2 bdrm 60 days out for a Sept trip in 2004. I had my choice off all resorts and we took VWL.

We have gone several times that first week of September, and we even added a day last minute (day before) once, so I doubt you will have trouble getting it changed. A couple of weeks later would be a different story though, because in October, the F&W festival is VERY busy at DVC.

I called this morning and all is fine. Due to a computer issue, I have to call back again after noon. But, the CM said that based on what was available then, I shouldn't have a problem. Should I changed resorts? With my neice and DS, maybe it'd be better to be at a different resort than SSR or OKW even. What do y'all suggest?

If you plan to spend time at the pool, consider the BCV - SAB is lots of fun!

Best wishes-

brandip22 said:
Which is closet to MK?
VWL is closest to the MK - you can take either a boat or a bus to get there.

Best wishes-

yay- I got the 2BR @ BWV, preferred view. FYI we are going Sept 3- 9th. I am so excited!

BWV should be fun. We've never stayed there, just BCV across the lake. But it's so convenient to Epcot and MGM, and the Boardwalk is fun to stroll at night with the street entertainers. It's a great place to rent a Surrey bike too, although watch that 2nd bridge... it's steep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter