Changing the Lead Reservation Name on ADRs

curliecourt

Earning My Ears
I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with an upcoming Disney trip. I am travelling with a large party (22 people) and split up our large party ADRs using my account, my husband's account, my mother's account and my sister's account. Since that time, I have had to file a protective order against my husband and am in the process of going through a divorce. My husband has been vindictive by changing passwords for all of our banking accounts, cell phone plan, subscriptions, etc. He recently locked me out of his My Disney Experience account too so that I can no longer cancel him as a guest. It's a huge mess.

Clearly, he is no longer invited on my family Disney trip, but I'm worried about the dining reservations I made under his account and that he will cancel them. Then we'll have a number of us without any dining reservations. Is there any way to transfer the lead dining name to someone different? I spoke to a cast member on the phone and she was unhelpful. Do I just have to hope and pray he won't mess with any reservations?

I'm so sorry!

That is a tough one. You might try to ask to speak to a manager when you call. They might be able to at least unlink him from your account, though I doubt there's anything they will be able to do about the reservations.

Sounds like you've got some bigger problems with your bank accounts, though. Hopefully your bank or your lawyer has helped you out there.

I'm in a bit of a sticky situation with an upcoming Disney trip. I am travelling with a large party (22 people) and split up our large party ADRs using my account, my husband's account, my mother's account and my sister's account. Since that time, I have had to file a protective order against my husband and am in the process of going through a divorce. My husband has been vindictive by changing passwords for all of our banking accounts, cell phone plan, subscriptions, etc. He recently locked me out of his My Disney Experience account too so that I can no longer cancel him as a guest. It's a huge mess.

Clearly, he is no longer invited on my family Disney trip, but I'm worried about the dining reservations I made under his account and that he will cancel them. Then we'll have a number of us without any dining reservations. Is there any way to transfer the lead dining name to someone different? I spoke to a cast member on the phone and she was unhelpful. Do I just have to hope and pray he won't mess with any reservations?
another one suggesting to call again on a week day and ask for a manger but my guess is he has already canceled the ressies. not sure what can be done. I suggest a week day call during business hours based on something my TA told me that she does and why she does not call on weekends

Honey, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know it is TOUGH. I was in a very similar circumstance in which I filed an order against my BF of 6 years. May as well refer to him as husband as we had two children together and shared everything together as one. Life began to overwhelm me with too many responsibilities. I wanted him to step it up because I truly needed some relief!

Have you spoken to him? Honey, did you truly try to speak to him before filing a protective order against him? A protective order is all about control. You wanted control in your relationship. But leading up to the order, please reflect, who attempted to control who first? Did he attempt to control you first by hitting you or acting in violence? Did you provoke him to act in this way? Honey I ask these questions, because I made a mistake when I filed my order against my boyfriend. He was actually innocent of the protective order. It took me 5 years to realize what I had done, and I wish I could take it all back. The advice that nobody ever told me is in the next few questions. Did you try to control him first? Did you exclude him from this enchanting Disney vacation before or after events that led to the protective order? Did you explicitly mention that you were going to withhold other important things from him, i.e. vacations, love, admiration, sex, children?

You said he changed "passwords" to your and his bank accounts. Honey, do you have logins for a personal credit card of your own? Do you have logins for other personal accounts of your own? Let me guess, he changed the logins for accounts that are considered joint, and left the ones that are considered personal as is, correct? Just think about that, if he were truly acting in malice he might have changed the logins for accounts that are not his. If he did not, then take my advice and reconsider your stance that perhaps he has not acted in malice. You can get username/passwords for your own accounts from customer service in minutes. But if you have violated his trust and he feels threatened that you will misappropriate money from your joint accounts, then good for him to have protected the joint accounts until you can cool down.

Honey, why did you choose to cut off all communication with him? Do you honestly not enjoy talking to him anymore? You can choose to separate permanently, yet if there are children, you are only making it harder for yourself, as you will be required to communicate with him. I would practice communication, open up the channel again and you will be surprised at how receptive he is. I always wondered what would have happened if I had voluntarily revoked the protective order against my BF. The next several paragraphs I found on the internet 3 years ago helped me to understand my mistake. May you come to understand this now, and hopefully you can save yourself years of pain and course correct sooner than later. WYATB

“Anxieties, fears, judgements and other insecurities are developed as we grow (starting from year 2) and interact with the world. Our upbringing and social conditioning play a huge role in shaping and developing our external character. This is the character that we present to the outside world- as it feels “safe” and soothes any inner anxiety (usually developed through childhood). The problem is that this defence mechanism also has the tendency to work against us. Instead of confronting the deep seated pain and confusion, many people find it easier to project their hurt and frustration towards others.

The mind of a person can become obsessed with protecting itself through words and behaviour, that by others, it is perceived as evil at heart. In reality, and when the “threat” is no longer present one often observes a beautiful and very sensitive soul behind the nasty external presentation.

When one is battling inner pain or perhaps is totally unaware of their own fears and anxieties, they will find it hard to accept that people are essentially “good at heart”. Compassion deficient individuals are shallow in their perception and will find it natural to judge and negatively label the core being of others who are in fact suffering just like they are.

For someone to truly appreciate why people end up being perceived as bad or not “good at heart”, they need to have maturity, awareness, compassion and understanding. All these can be achieved gradually through the committed practice of mindfulness. We really are not born evil.” -Mandy

Honey, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know it is TOUGH. I was in a very similar circumstance in which I filed an order against my BF of 6 years. May as well refer to him as husband as we had two children together and shared everything together as one. Life began to overwhelm me with too many responsibilities. I wanted him to step it up because I truly needed some relief!

Have you spoken to him? Honey, did you truly try to speak to him before filing a protective order against him? A protective order is all about control. You wanted control in your relationship. But leading up to the order, please reflect, who attempted to control who first? Did he attempt to control you first by hitting you or acting in violence? Did you provoke him to act in this way? Honey I ask these questions, because I made a mistake when I filed my order against my boyfriend. He was actually innocent of the protective order. It took me 5 years to realize what I had done, and I wish I could take it all back. The advice that nobody ever told me is in the next few questions. Did you try to control him first? Did you exclude him from this enchanting Disney vacation before or after events that led to the protective order? Did you explicitly mention that you were going to withhold other important things from him, i.e. vacations, love, admiration, sex, children?

You said he changed "passwords" to your and his bank accounts. Honey, do you have logins for a personal credit card of your own? Do you have logins for other personal accounts of your own? Let me guess, he changed the logins for accounts that are considered joint, and left the ones that are considered personal as is, correct? Just think about that, if he were truly acting in malice he might have changed the logins for accounts that are not his. If he did not, then take my advice and reconsider your stance that perhaps he has not acted in malice. You can get username/passwords for your own accounts from customer service in minutes. But if you have violated his trust and he feels threatened that you will misappropriate money from your joint accounts, then good for him to have protected the joint accounts until you can cool down.

Honey, why did you choose to cut off all communication with him? Do you honestly not enjoy talking to him anymore? You can choose to separate permanently, yet if there are children, you are only making it harder for yourself, as you will be required to communicate with him. I would practice communication, open up the channel again and you will be surprised at how receptive he is. I always wondered what would have happened if I had voluntarily revoked the protective order against my BF. The next several paragraphs I found on the internet 3 years ago helped me to understand my mistake. May you come to understand this now, and hopefully you can save yourself years of pain and course correct sooner than later. WYATB

“Anxieties, fears, judgements and other insecurities are developed as we grow (starting from year 2) and interact with the world. Our upbringing and social conditioning play a huge role in shaping and developing our external character. This is the character that we present to the outside world- as it feels “safe” and soothes any inner anxiety (usually developed through childhood). The problem is that this defence mechanism also has the tendency to work against us. Instead of confronting the deep seated pain and confusion, many people find it easier to project their hurt and frustration towards others.

The mind of a person can become obsessed with protecting itself through words and behaviour, that by others, it is perceived as evil at heart. In reality, and when the “threat” is no longer present one often observes a beautiful and very sensitive soul behind the nasty external presentation.

When one is battling inner pain or perhaps is totally unaware of their own fears and anxieties, they will find it hard to accept that people are essentially “good at heart”. Compassion deficient individuals are shallow in their perception and will find it natural to judge and negatively label the core being of others who are in fact suffering just like they are.

For someone to truly appreciate why people end up being perceived as bad or not “good at heart”, they need to have maturity, awareness, compassion and understanding. All these can be achieved gradually through the committed practice of mindfulness. We really are not born evil.” -Mandy

While I am sympathetic to your past hurts, I cannot agree with your logic. OP is looking for a way to save her dining reservations for an extremely large group - reservations she likely will never be able to make again. She is not asking for advice on how to handle her divorce. We don't know the circumstances surrounding the OP's protective order. It seems like you're suggesting that she is the one who must acquiesce to his hostile behavior. There is also never any justification for violence, so asking her if she first provoked him to any potential violence is victim blaming and just plain wrong.

Can you make new reservations? You don't need to use multiple accounts to make multiple reservations; you just need to assign someone else as the lead on the reservation.

OP: First, huge sympathy here for what you're going through. And it's actually wonderful that you have a WDW trip planned. You need it!

About your ADRs. I'm guessing they haven't been canceled yet, since you'd be able to see that in the MDEs of other people who're in the group under your husband's ADR.

However, judging by what you've said, I think the safest thing to do would be to call WDW--call at exactly 7 a.m. when the lines open, since the wait times on hold are horrendous lately--and see what they can do for you.

Maybe someone can help you, but in case they can't, just know that there are plenty of places to eat. Some of them might not be the place where your original ADRs are, but maybe they'll be even better.

If by "upcoming" you mean something like next week, you're going to have a hard time remaking those reservations. If you mean a few months from now, you'll have better luck rearranging things. My sister and I were just there--3rd week in May--and we arranged everything, including park reservations and ADRs, about 3 weeks before the trip.

You might have to be more flexible than you'd planned. Maybe some people won't be able to be at all the meals and maybe this will be fine with them.

Best of luck to you. Pixie dust from me. And have a wonderful trip.

Ah honey, I am so sorry, I do not believe in anybody hitting women. I disdain violence, it is absolutely unacceptable! Please accept my sincere apologies in how I failed to fully represent my story. I am simply trying to explain that this dear woman wrote in words that sounded exactly like myself. In my case I lied to the police. I lied to my friends and those closest to me. My BF did not commit any act of violence against me. I wrongfully accused my BF I hurt him dearly, as well as myself and my children. I still cannot forgive myself for the pain I have caused. I am simply asking IF this man of yours actually committed violence against you. If so, then please accept my deepest apologies. I know that would hurt for some time. But please know that IF HE DID NOT, then you have a huge opportunity to fix your Disney dining reservations (as well as your relationships!). Sargeant Tibbs, may I kindly point out that you are missing the logic here. Emotions are complex, and we are all emotional beings. The OP has a choice to ask her DH in open and honest communication about the dining reservations, if he would be willing to give this as a gift to her. If he acted in violence against her, then he owes her. (Don't say it like that to him). But if he did not actually hit you honey, an apology is worth millions.
The power is in the hands of the OP.

I’m sorry about your personal situation.

The reservations are in your husband’s account. Do you have documentation granting you authority to access his account? Respecting account ownership, Disney should not transfer reservations to another individual without the account owner’s permission. Exceptions would be if the account owner had died or was deemed not mentally capable of making decisions.

You, or anyone, would be very upset if, say, Google, transferred access to your Gmail account without your permission or court order,

Unfortunately, I think you need an alternate plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter