• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Changing Party Size on CRT ADR

elle bell

Mouseketeer
I'm planning on attempting to get a CRT reservation for our trip in January. We are a party of 4 plus my mom will be coming with us and possibly my dad (he won't know for sure if he is coming until about a month before our trip).

Can I make an ADR for 6 and change it to 5 if it turns out he can't make it? Since you have to pay for CRT at the time of making the reservation (we will not be on a dining plan), will they refund my money for losing one person?

I'm planning on attempting to get a CRT reservation for our trip in January. We are a party of 4 plus my mom will be coming with us and possibly my dad (he won't know for sure if he is coming until about a month before our trip).

Can I make an ADR for 6 and change it to 5 if it turns out he can't make it? Since you have to pay for CRT at the time of making the reservation (we will not be on a dining plan), will they refund my money for losing one person?

Not easily.

If you book a table for 6, will you be charged for 6. You can not just "change it to 5" and get a refund. Doing this would require a cancellation of the original reservation. This could mean that you will lose the reservation for good if someone else grabs it up before you can rebook.

You can see if they have a table for 5 before you cancel the one for 6, but if they are booked, they are booked.

Not easily.

If you book a table for 6, will you be charged for 6. You can not just "change it to 5" and get a refund. Doing this would require a cancellation of the original reservation. This could mean that you will lose the reservation for good if someone else grabs it up before you can rebook.

Actually, this *can* be done easily for CRT, but it requires a phone call. I have removed a person more than once with no problem. Didn't involve a cancel-and-rebook, and my refund was processed promptly.

I suspect that the system works somewhat differently for CRT precisely *because* it requires pre-payment. Just be sure you make any changes prior to the 48-hour deadline.

I'd also suspect that getting the "cancel and rebook" will depend on who answers the phone in the first place. Some do just that (as seen by receiving no confirmation number chance) while some say it's impossible. My guess is that it either requires a certain level of CM or a CM at a certain location. (Or a CM who's actually been told the right information).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter