Changing party size on ADR's

Ragnrok23

DIS Veteran
OK, we have a large group going in Dec and 3 more people have been added. For some of our ADR's we either want to add one person, or subtract one person. Some of the changes I'm not too worried about (Crystal Palace, Sci-Fi) but other not sure about (Hoop De Doo) because we have anywhere from 9 plus a baby to 3 plus the baby, I'm worried about seating changes.

Here is a list of Ressie to change with party size (the +1 is the 18mth old)

Teppen Edo (9+1) This is either going to be an add one or subtract one, but either way it had to change

Sci-Fi (3+1) want to add one person

Chef Mickey's (9+1) want to add one person

Crystal Palace (3+1) want to add one person

Hoop De Doo (7+1) this one is complicated as I have obviously put a hold on a CC. I don't want to subtract one person and possible have everyone else lose there spot, but somone is willing to take my place if we could add one person to the party.

Should I try to change the reservations? Should I just show up and say we have one more guest dinning with us? (I know that wouldn't work at hoop de doo, but for the other ones?)

Thanks in advance!

There are multiple posts on this board regarding this issue, mostly the answer is:

Can we show up with one more or additional persons?-Depends, if you are reserved as an odd number group, you may can add an extra person (1) as most tables are setup to seat an even number of persons. You always run the risk of being turned away.

Can we change numbers of persons on our ADRs? No, CM's cannot change the number, the reservation will need to be cancelled and remade and you risk losing the reservation you already have.

Your best bet is to make the original reservation for the max number of persons you expect to have, then is is 'usually' ok to show up with a few less. Of course this is not possible with ADR where you have a deposit, you are expected to show up with the same number of persons reserved or have to pay the cancellation or no show penalty for any that are not seated.

We were able during Free Dining to add 2 people to an already 6 person ADR at Crystal Palace, Akershus and 'Ohana.

We didn't try it at HDDR. We were able to rebook adding one person, but that was before we knew the other one was comming also.

Is it possible to book another table at HDDR for at least one or two people to sit at if they can't add the extra person to the table you already have?

We couldn't add a person to our 10 person ADRs. They would have had to be cancelled and then rebooked, and everything was fully booked. I would do as a PP did and make your ADRs for the max number of people that could be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter