Changing a reservation due to a promo

Lisa Warner

Forever Disney
We will be going in January and staying at the French Quarters. Tickets and DDP. We have been making payments. However; we are hoping for the Stay Dine and Play promotion. The question here is...if we are able to get the promo can we call and have it easily transferred or is it like starting all over? I realize it may mean changing resorts. If it is like starting over what happens financially? Can they transfer your funds to the new reservation? Or do they have to refund and you start anew? I don't want complications created by switching stuff around.

They can add it to an existing reservation, even if it implies changing Resorts or dates. No issues with refunds, etc.

A few years ago, a last minute change in reservations required me a to switch from CSR to POR in order to get a room for 5. I found availability for my dates at 2am. Since CRO is closed at the time, I booked it on the spot. Then I called and (after about an hour), they cancelled the original reservation and moved the deposit over to the new one. In fact, they were so nice, my original reservation was done prior to ticket price increases, and they honored that too.

Remember you may need to adjust dates and/or change Resorts. POFQ is sometimes excluded from special offers.

Changing resorts I can live with....changing dates won't be an option for us. That's encouraging that they we so accommodating.

Changing resorts I can live with....changing dates won't be an option for us. That's encouraging that they we so accommodating.

Most promos have certain dates. If it falls out of your reservation by a day or two, you maybe able to book a room-only before or after. Then, just extend your MYW tickets for the total number of days you need. If you book RO before your package, you can pick up the tickets up to 3 days ahead of time, but you won't be able to do FP+ for those days.

Thanks. Makes my head spin thinking about it. Discount would have to out way the hassle. Why couldn't I do FP?

We will be going in January and staying at the French Quarters. Tickets and DDP. We have been making payments. However; we are hoping for the Stay Dine and Play promotion. The question here is...if we are able to get the promo can we call and have it easily transferred or is it like starting all over? I realize it may mean changing resorts. If it is like starting over what happens financially? Can they transfer your funds to the new reservation? Or do they have to refund and you start anew? I don't want complications created by switching stuff around.

Since you already have a package, your existing reservation can be modified with the promo as long as your dates are included/available under the promo. Like you said, you might have to be flexible with your resort/room type, but the promo can be applied without cancelling and rebooking (with your confirmation number staying the same). The only time you are required to cancel/rebook is if you change reservation types (i.e., change from RO to package or package to RO) as money paid toward one cannot be applied to the other since RO and packages are different reservation systems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter