Changes to bounceback offer within 30 days

petunia

DIS Veteran
We are booked with a bounceback free dining offer from last summer for this August. Booked for 8 days right now and final payment is approaching, but we do not know if we will be flying or driving yet. If we drive we would likely want to only stay 7 days. If I chabne the ressie to 7 days prior to final payment and then want to add the day, is that difficult and would it be inclusive of the promo we are using?

Hope this makes sense..Im just not sure if I should book the 8 days then cancel the 1 night if needed, or book 7 then add the 8th if needed.

Thanks in advance

It is easier to cancel then to add a day because that day may not be available later. I have the same offer for 8/11 and just dropped the last day of the trip, no problem. I believe you do have to cancel before the 30 day mark or you will be charged a fee because it's a package.

It is easier to cancel then to add a day because that day may not be available later. I have the same offer for 8/11 and just dropped the last day of the trip, no problem. I believe you do have to cancel before the 30 day mark or you will be charged a fee because it's a package.

Thats my concern, the change may need to be after 30 day mark, if I cancel a day from our package what is the fee for that? And do they just put the difference back on the cc used?

Per Mousesavers.com "Rules for WDW Vacation Pacakages"
"You can change or cancel your reservation without penalty up until 31 days in advance."
"After you’ve made final payment, any changes, such as applying a discount code, changing number of days and/or changing to a different resort, are subject to a $50 change fee and a $15 processing fee. Technically this is due whether the final cost is lower or higher, but if you’re changing to a higher-priced package, they will generally waive the change fees."

I would call the bb right now just to see if it's even possible to make a change at this point. You might be able to take a day off, but I highly doubt you'll be able to add a day, if you make this change.

Ok, so worst case scenario is that I leave it as 8 days, and if I have to drop a day under the 30 day mark, then it will cost me only $50?

You still may not be able to change it. Disney used to let you just drop days from your reservation, not anymore. They changed it a few years ago & now the new dates must be available. In your case, a reservation for the new 7 night period must be available, before you can make your change. That is the rule anyway. There have been reports of exceptions of course & some people have been able to just drop the day they don't need. The only way to know for sure is to call & ask. If you still have the bounceback phone number, that is your best bet.

You could call & ask to change it to 7 nights, with a room only reservation for your last night. You would have to pay that 1 night as a deposit, but room only can be cancelled with only 5 days notice for a full refund. If you end up staying tho, you wouldn't have the dining for that last night. Just something else to think about.

A regular CRO agent can't usually help with changes to expired offers. So if you don't call the bounceback number the regular agent will probably have to transfer you to guest services or get their help to make the change.

You still may not be able to change it. Disney used to let you just drop days from your reservation, not anymore. They changed it a few years ago & now the new dates must be available. In your case, a reservation for the new 7 night period must be available, before you can make your change. That is the rule anyway. There have been reports of exceptions of course & some people have been able to just drop the day they don't need. The only way to know for sure is to call & ask. If you still have the bounceback phone number, that is your best bet.

You could call & ask to change it to 7 nights, with a room only reservation for your last night. You would have to pay that 1 night as a deposit, but room only can be cancelled with only 5 days notice for a full refund. If you end up staying tho, you wouldn't have the dining for that last night. Just something else to think about.

A regular CRO agent can't usually help with changes to expired offers. So if you don't call the bounceback number the regular agent will probably have to transfer you to guest services or get their help to make the change.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter