Changes to Air Canada flights?

The flight at 10:15 was sold out. The flight departing from MCO in the afternoon would have cost us much more than the one leaving at 7:20.

We have some friends who might come on our trip with us ... but they were complaining about the ticket prices ... especially since its already March. I wonder how much longer they can wait to book tickets. I agree, Air Canada tickets are extremely expensive :(

Skyservice leaves at 6:15 in the morning and comes back at night basically giving you two whole extra days. Prices in May are about $450 per person return.

I considered Skyservice but they don't fly every day. Their flight schedule didn't work with my particular holidays. I also looked at Air Transit but they only fly certain days of the week which is too bad. I'm sure they could drum up more business if they added a few more flights. Seems to me every AC flight I'm on is overbooked and someone ends up getting bumped.

What happens when you get bumped on an airline?

My friend was volunteered to be bumped on a flight from San Fran to Toronto. He said he got $300 from the airline, an upgrade to business class and his hotel covered... he was pretty happy :p I haven't been asked before ... but for $300, I wouldn't mind! Of course, I don't know if that happens in every case.

Sometimes the $300.00 isn't worth it. Last winter when I was flying home from Orlando a couple volunteered to be bumped. Yeah they were given money but the bump was to a connected flight that went to Denver first with a connection to TO. They had to wait until the evening for that flight. I overheard a guy say they couldn't pay him anything to volunteer to get on that route. I guess volunteering depends on your time and whether you are willing to hang around an airport all day for another flight.

Another question-You have to volunteer to be bumped? Do they bump because they've overbooked a flight?

Yes they bump when a flight is overbooked. They start out by asking for volunteers. Then if that doesn't work it goes by travel parties. They often source out singles first and those who don't have any checked baggage. I always make sure to check in early and check luggage. Bumping can cause some nasty scenes.

My friend was in university at the time, so he was more than happy to have the extra money :p I didn't know that they could put you on a completely different flight. Yeah, I guess the $300 would be worth it if they flew you around the country twice ...:rolleyes: I'm not fond of connecting flights myself.

We aren't fond of connecting flights either-3 of 4 are nervous flyers to start out with. We booked with AC because we 1)got a great airfare $425 total per person 2)direct flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter