Changes in Latitude Changes in Attitude

FtW Mike

DIS Veteran
Doing a 5 day stay here Sun Outdoors formerly known as Tall Pines Harbor Campground. Lucille and I have been coming here off and on for the last 8 years . Maggie and WookieBear the Stinky Sisters loved it here. Amenities back then where a little scarcer than they are today there was just the 1 pool , a small play set for kids and the bounce pad. Today they have an additional zero entry pool with Splash Pad , expanded play sets a deluxe comfort station with laundry. Like in the past every weekend has a themed family friendly event. We have liked Fathers Day for the Pirate theme now replaced with a BBQ cookoff. We have loved coming for the Cheeseburger in Paradise weekend and that was this weekends theme. That and the fact that 6 years ago Saturday Aug 6th , was the day Sky and Katie came to us. Five days later we were here for our 1st CiP weekend with them.
Delaware traffic to and from the Beaches Friday, Saturday and Sunday is a horror show so we if we can come down on Thursday and don't go home till Monday

Two weeks before this trip we were sure we would have to cancel. Both of us came down with THE COOTIES. Both of us are double vaxed and boosted as well as had it in Jan 2019. Our Dr put us on Paxlovid protocol and after the 5 days told us were were good to go but employ masks indoors and avoid crowds outdoors. Going by ourselves this would be no problem. Hint Never and I mean never again with Paxlovid. It tore us both up . The symptoms we both experienced weren't half as severe as the side effects of those meds.
Our coach went in for diagnosis of certain [problems 3 days prior to departure with advice to our repair shop we needed back on Wed. Come Wed our service rep had a family emergency and nobody knew we were supposed to get it back. Quick talk with owners and I picked it up at 10am departure day. Did a quick check of preloaded loaded up food and other needed items and we were on the road by 2pm. we pulled into our site by 5 just in time to feed the Girls. Hit the snack bar for our dinner and ice cream. Then took a quick looping trek to see what the weekend crowd might look like

Friday after taking care of the girls I pulled out the canopy, chairs , my cooks table , and my grill and griddle. Our neighbor watched me and suggested we hold off on the canopy as they heard there would be Thunderstorms come evening. Considering it has a bad habit of raining to flood level every trip here I decided discretion was warranted. Everything set up so I could if needed secure it all inside of an hour we took the girls on another looping trek before heading out to shop for some things we found we didn't bring. Taking a trek over to Chincoteague is a bit of a disappointment . The Town is totally tourist trap and since the pony swim was 2 weeks ago there is not a great deal to do.
Once we got back we were surprised to see how little the population had grown. On our 1st stay we were leaving the Friday of Cheeseburger in Paradise weekend and by 10am they were lining up to check in. Even a significant percentage of the Seasonal people were absent.
Dinner would be done all on the griddle as I am trying to expand beyond breakfast fare. Seasoned Steaks , grilled mushrooms and French Fries. Thanks need to go out to our Bama Ed. His suggestion about using an aluminum pan as a cover helped getting fries crispy. Ice cream , soft serve , from snack bar rounded out dinner

Saturday morning we woke up expecting the worst after the storms that rolled thru during the night. Imagine our surprise when none of the areas that have flooded in the past were good. The biggest thing we found odd was nearly half the sites were empty. Even a large number of the seasonal sites back where we stayed Fathers day weekend went unoccupied.
As Rock Painting held little appeal for us we lingered over breakfast and took extra time Exploring the Wilderness with the Girls. I was happy to see the cooks stations were aptly decorated at lunch for the free Cheeseburger hand out. Even if some of the requisite additives were glaringly absent.
The main event kicked off at 7pm. The "BAND" was a singer and a guitar player with heavy synthesizer support. At least prior to being fed some A.B.'s the singer was decent. Missing was the Parrot Head attire and ambiance of the past. After the 1st set the girls were getting fidgitity so we took them back to the coach and Lucille and I went back. They did at least do a Jimmy Buffet song every 5th or 6th song but the crowd just wasn't right. The contestants in the Parrot Head attire and Golf Cart decorating contest were subdued and judged almost as an after thought.
My Parrot head shirt got stained so i changed into my traditional Irish Greeting shirt
Resized_20220808_110844(3).jpg

Have fun Stay safe and can Wasting away again in MargaritaVille be sung with an Irish Accent? It’s not working in my brain but I had foot surgery and still on pain meds. Maybe tomorrow .

Hey Mike! Sounds fun - my husband is a big Buffett fan but we get our fill of parrothead themed events in Key West. Last year, we went to Chincoteague on an East Coast roadtrip just to see the ponies. I paid (alot!) for a kayaking trip with a local guide to the areas where they are and we saw NOTHING. ZIP. ZILCH. NADA. Not one pony, not one dolphin, not even crabs. Considering we kayak here for $10/hr at the state parks, this one really hurt. And when we tried to get dinner, everything was packed and closing early and the line for ice cream was over a block long.

Have fun Stay safe and can Wasting away again in MargaritaVille be sung with an Irish Accent? It’s not working in my brain but I had foot surgery and still on pain meds. Maybe tomorrow .
Margaritaville with an Irish Brogue is not pretty but "Why don't we drunk and S&#*w " is almost a natural .

Hey Mike! Sounds fun - my husband is a big Buffett fan but we get our fill of parrothead themed events in Key West. Last year, we went to Chincoteague on an East Coast roadtrip just to see the ponies. I paid (alot!) for a kayaking trip with a local guide to the areas where they are and we saw NOTHING. ZIP. ZILCH. NADA. Not one pony, not one dolphin, not even crabs. Considering we kayak here for $10/hr at the state parks, this one really hurt. And when we tried to get dinner, everything was packed and closing early and the line for ice cream was over a block long.

Ouch! :headache: Alli, I hope you told DH that since his idea of a good time was a TOTAL washout, you should get the next opportunity to pick the what/where/when as you want.

Reminds me of my queen to whom I am married to. :duck:She's always right of course (by definition :love2:) While she's Never, EVER been wrong, she hasn't always been SO RIGHT :hyper2:

(treading on glass right now. shhh!) :poop: Please don't OUT me.

Me

Our friends bought Jimmy Buffett bus. We now call it the Beast. They are big Disney people. I told them they need to have the Beast painted on the body. The husband has gone in & remodeled the inside. Looks great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter