• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Changed Ressies to POR...your thoughts on POR

JDY

DIS Veteran
We've changed our October reservation to Port Orleans Riverside from CSR. Any thoughts or tips on POR? THis resort will be new to us so anything could prove useful.

Thanks!

We've stayed at POR twice, and loved it both times. The grounds are beautiful, the pool is a lot of fun, the food court has lots of good choices, and the transportation is convenient.

I guess everyone has their own tastes and preferences, but we;ve never found anything to complain about there!

My husband and I absolutely love POR. The boat to Downtown Disney is great. One time in Nov/Dec they had crab legs in Boatwrights !!

We'll be staying there next week for the 4th time - need I say more???

Just in case you're interested in lots of detail and photos, click on the www link at the bottom of my posting and it will take you to my DIS website - which is basically devoted to this resort.

POR -- Eh.
But to each his own. :)
Thank goodness we all don't want the same resort! :) :bounce:

We stayed there in 2001 with dh, ds, and dd ages 17 and 18. We all loved it. Magnolias were in bloom and smelled so good as you passed on the way to the bus. Little rabbits were eating grass in the mornings. It seemed so peaceful. We were in Magnolia and it was close to the bus and a nice stroll to the main bldg. We get to go again the end of Nov. Asked my kids if they'd rather get 2 rooms at an All Stars or have to share a room with us snoring. Also asked if they wanted to try CBR. They both chose POR hands down.

At the very bottom of my post, there's an area where you can click on PROFILE, WWW, PM, etc. If you click on my WWW, it will take you to my DIS website. I just tried it and it works....

Lots of information and pictures from this resort - kind of a walking tour.

I think you'll enjoy it. As you can see by my signature, it's the only place we stay. The grounds a beautiful and the staff very helpful. I also think they have one of the best food court's going. Have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter