Changed my ressie 5 times - here's my savings

CuteKatCar

DIS Veteran
I am obsessed with what I have saved since placing my ressie back in 8/02. Our trip is May 30 to June 7, 2003. I'd like to share it with all of you.

8/24/02
Booked 4 nights CBR with 15% off AAA discount: $543.00
Booked 4 nights Poly with 10% off AAA Discount: $1372.00

Total: $1915.00

Saved $249.00 off rack rate

2/17/03 changed ressie to Code AXA discount:
3 nights CBR with AXA = $348.00
5 nights Poly with AXA = $1416.00

Total: $1764.00

Now saved another $151.00 off last ressie and changed to one more night at deluxe (and still saved)

Now thinking - with great codes let's move entire trip up to MONORAIL resorts
2/18 changed ressie with code AXA
4 nights Cont. = $776.00
4 nights Poly = $1133.00

Total $1909. Now, have saved only $20.00 since original AAA discount, but NOW WE ARE AT DELUXE FOR ENTIRE TRIP.
Doing a happy dance.

3/15 New code came out..........(it's not on ressie)
4 nights Cont. = $731.00
4 nights Poly = $1088.00

Total: $1819. Saved $100.00 from original ressie. Doing ok:D

4/24 AP rates came out
4 nights Cont = $665.00
4 nights Poly = $888.00

Total $1553.00, add'l cost of AP $66.00, water park $26.00

Total savings from original ressie: $270.00

Here's the kicker: If I had booked these two resorts (Cont. and Poly at rack rates), it would have cost $2,698.00 vs. $1,553.00 that I am paying. An absolute ludicrous amount!!! And a difference of $1,145.00.
I am doing a happy, happy dance.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Anna

Sounds like you are a real DIS Budgeteer, Anna!

Good for you!!!

Great Job! I hope to do so well for my big 4-0 Birthday celebrateion in a few years!

Keep watching these boards..........the savings just keep coming............:D :D :D :D

A great big hug of thanks to everyone on these boards for all your help...I would never have done it without this website.:sunny:

Anna

WOW - that's awesome! I agree with you - these boards & the wonderful people on them are the best! I booked a trip at Dixie Landings in 1998 with a local travel agent (didn't know about the DIS then :( ). In 2002, thanks to the DIS & DISers I booked a trip at the Polynesian for one more day than our original trip & it only cost me a little over $100 more than my first trip. I did use Dreams Unlimited for the 2002 trip for my own piece of mind, so I'll give them a little plug too. Hopefully I'll do as well for my June 2004 trip.

Have a wonderful trip - you don't have long to wait now!

Originally posted by CuteKatCar
I am obsessed with what I have saved since placing my ressie back in 8/02. Our trip is May 30 to June 7, 2003. I'd like to share it with all of you.

If I had booked these two resorts (Cont. and Poly at rack rates), it would have cost $2,698.00 vs. $1,553.00 that I am paying. An absolute ludicrous amount!!! And a difference of $1,145.00.
I am doing a happy, happy dance.

Anna

Anna,
That's a good reminder to anyone traveling anywhere, not just Disney, to keep checking rates after you make a reservation. I constantly do this and almost every time, I end up finding a lower rate sometime after the original reservation. I took my wife to NYC last summer for our anniversary and I rebooked the room 4 times due to rate drops. I ended up saving about $70 just on the 1 nite stay.

All that said, of course, I can't help but mention that for what you are paying to stay onsite for 8 nites, you could stay in a decent 1-bedroom suite offsite for nearly a month. Personally, we'd rather take the offsite hotel and just go visit the Contemp and Poly and have lots of extra money to spend on other things, like another trip to WDW.

Have a great trip.

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter