Change in Plans (renting from camptatthefort)

mjmoon

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone! I'm not sure you all will remember me but we have been planning a trip to the fort for 2 weeks in February with my inlaws. The inlaws will be staying in their 40ft Motor home and we were planning on pitching a tent. My inlaws even took us shopping and bought us awesome camping gear for Christmas.

Over dinner the other day my inlaws voiced a concern about us staying 2 weeks in a tent when the weather can be so iffy and offered to put us up in the cabins instead to insure we have a comfortable trip. The biggest issue with this arrangement (other than the price difference) for me is that it would have us clear on the other side of the resort from them. I forwarded FIL a link to Tina's website and after some thinking he warmed up to the idea pretty quickly. ESPECIALLY if we can get sites next to one another.

We got confirmation from Tina this morning that we have reserved her Terry Travel Trailer for out entire vacations! Yay!!

Any tips on how to get Disney to put us in adjacent campsites?

Has anyone here rented the Terry TT from Tina before? If so, how did it work out for y'all? I think it'll be perfect for my H and I and our two very young boys.:)

Anyway.. as much as I was looking forward to "roughing it" in our tent for 2 weeks.. I think this is going to make planning and executing much, much easier. I'm really excited.

What you need to do is call Disney Central Reservations and have the two reservations linked. If there are 8 or more people in your group, then have them turn it into a "Grand Gathering". Request that your sites be right next to each other, and reiterate that request in a fax directly to Ft. Wilderness 5 days before your trip.

They will never "guarantee" that your sites will be right next to each other, but by following those steps, you will give them the most opportunity to meet your requests.

Also may I suggest that sites across from each other might be better unless one of you can pull your unit in backwards. Staring at the back of your neighbors unit just doesn't make for a good gathering spot.

Oh, FYI, I have tented for two weeks and it was lots of fun!!

Oh, FYI, I have tented for two weeks and it was lots of fun!!

I think it would be a blast but my inlaws are very, very worried about us being uncomfortable with the boys if it gets cold and wet. We are going to go on some smaller camping trips here in Texas for a while and work our way back to the fort to tent camp again..

I think this is undoubtedly going to make things easier with our 3 and 5 year old. But we are going to bring the tent gear too and maybe do both if the weather is nice.:)

You will have a blast. My brother and his family rented Tina's fifth wheel last june while my husband and other brother towed our trailer from PA. We had our sites in as a grand gathering and faxed our loop requests a few days prior. My brothers family arrived a day earlier than my husband and other brother (I was at a conference in orlando). ALthough the site next to them was empty, they would not let dh check in until the reservation day and we were right next door to my brother and family. I guess it was one of those people that rent a site for the early entry and other benefits but never used the site. Anyway, Tina's trailer was wonderful. A few minor problems that were fixed quickly.

Great move on renting the Travel trailer. I love tent camping, but it can get very cold here in Feb. and sometimes that is accompanied by rain. It could make for a real miserable time, especially with a couple of little ones.
However, with the trailer, you factor out the weather risk, plus, you will get a good night's sleep which helps in keeping everyone happy.:dance3:
Don't forget to take lots of pictures and post a report. I love reading everyone's input and viewpoint.

We rented from Tina in October and she and her husband were wonderful to us. We were in the 5th wheel but it was very well taken care of!! We will definitely use them again. Have a great time!

I think this is undoubtedly going to make things easier with our 3 and 5 year old. But we are going to bring the tent gear too and maybe do both if the weather is nice.:)

We have 3 boys - 7, 4 and 1. I have to confess I wouldn't tent with them as the sun rises too early and therefore so do they! At least with blinds you can get them asleep a little longer.

Last year when we went to FtW the first week of March (so the kids were 6, 3 and 6 mths) we were next to a family with one little boy, and he had a terrible cough, I felt so sorry for him & them. They left the next day.

It was nice most days but we had torrential rain 2 nights - we got drowned on the way back from the bus stop and it took a few days for shoes to dry out!

I noticed you're from Houston - we're from The Woodlands (and Katy prior to that!)

BX

Hello fellow SE Texan!:) We're in Clear Lake area.. I LOVE The Woodlands (especially going to concerts at the Mitchel Pavilion). I also used to work in Katy.:) Small world!!

Their website seems to be down right now, does anyone have an email address that I can write to them.

Thanks,
Bernadette

How strange... It looks like a squatter site is sitting on her domain. :( I'll try and find the contact info and PM it to you.

Tina's nickname here on the DIS is tinah159 and her phone number (which she has posted publicly here) is 904-813-5370. That should help until she gets her site back.

Thanks for checking on me. I have been in Indiana for my dads 1st week on Chemo. The website was hijacked but I am trying to get everything back on track!

My thoughts and prayers are with your dad Tina.

You see, Tina, people count on you to be there (or at least your website!) And when you're not, your friends worry:flower3:

Isn't that a comforting feeling?

It's nice you can be there for your Dad.:grouphug:

Kim

Thank you all so much. I am back in Florida now but plan to go back to Indiana in a week or so! Overall, my dad is doing well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter