Chances of walking into T-Rex Sunday before Thanksgiving?

Cosmic

Mouseketeer
We're camping at FW 11/5-11/19. We currently have a reservation for five for lunch on 11/11. I picked that day because we're not going to the parks and we'll already be out for church. Now, I'm thinking I'd rather go on our departure day (19th). We were originally going to start driving home first thing in the morning, but now we're thinking we'll hang around for a bit. The 19th is preferable because we *could* cook a meal at our campsite on the 11th, but everything will already be packed up on the 19th... we would have to buy a meal on the 19th anyway.

What do you guys think the chances will be of walking in for lunch on 11/19? I have a Touring Plans alert running, and I'm going to sign up for the Landry's Select Club. Does the Select Club really get any noticeable seating benefits?

Have you tried calling the restaurant directly for a reservation? T-Rex only releases a small portion of their reservations to Disney's system.

Yes, Landry's Select gets basically "next available" seating benefits if you're a member.

Have you tried calling the restaurant directly for a reservation? T-Rex only releases a small portion of their reservations to Disney's system.

Yes, Landry's Select gets basically "next available" seating benefits if you're a member.
I'll have to try calling. I wonder why they don't release more of their tables to the Disney system?

We're camping at FW 11/5-11/19. We currently have a reservation for five for lunch on 11/11. I picked that day because we're not going to the parks and we'll already be out for church. Now, I'm thinking I'd rather go on our departure day (19th). We were originally going to start driving home first thing in the morning, but now we're thinking we'll hang around for a bit. The 19th is preferable because we *could* cook a meal at our campsite on the 11th, but everything will already be packed up on the 19th... we would have to buy a meal on the 19th anyway.

What do you guys think the chances will be of walking in for lunch on 11/19? I have a Touring Plans alert running, and I'm going to sign up for the Landry's Select Club. Does the Select Club really get any noticeable seating benefits?

There is zero reason to book an ADR for a Landry's restaurant through WDW. The Landry's Select Card is all you need to get priority seating. You will be seated even before those with ADR's. We've used it twice and have always been seated within 5 minutes of checking in at the restaurant. If you really want a reservation, call the restaurant directly, but you don't need it with the card.

There is zero reason to book an ADR for a Landry's restaurant through WDW. The Landry's Select Card is all you need to get priority seating. You will be seated even before those with ADR's. We've used it twice and have always been seated within 5 minutes of checking in at the restaurant. If you really want a reservation, call the restaurant directly, but you don't need it with the card.
Exactly. If you go in with an ADR you are at a disadvantage at a Landry restaurant. So it makes zero sense to book one. Use your card

I just went to sign up and the terms state that T-Rex is excluded from the program (others too, including Yak & Yeti)

I have used the card at Yak & Yeti, T-Rex, and Rainforest Cafe in order to be seated immediately and it worked at all three. I was curious what hllb was referring to so I went and read the terms. I believe what she read is in regards to the Yak & Yeti quick service and the Paleo Zone at T-Rex.

Defintely call. While it's been a few years, we've been to TRex the week of Thanksgiving and I was able to get a reservation by calling. Being a Landry's card holder is another option. We live in an area with lots of Landry's options, but the card usually pays for itself in your first meal and gives you priority seating. It would still be a bit of a wait, but not nearly as much.

I just went to sign up and the terms state that T-Rex is excluded from the program (others too, including Yak & Yeti)
It's valid at Yak and Yeti. We use it there every time. As PP mentioned, that's the QS location that it's talking about. Which, while the same name, is totally unrelated to the sit down restaurant at Disney.

If you don't mind sitting at the bar it is open seating. We went there and it was 1.5 hour wait but bar seating was open and there were like 4 people sitting there.

From the Landry's site:

"Are there any locations not included in the program?

Mastro’s Restaurants, Yak & Yeti Quick Serve, Build-A-Bear®, Build-A-Dino®, Paleo Zone at T-REX Cafe, Morton's in Saratoga, NY, Rainforest Niagara Falls, Morton's Grille Niagara Falls, Joe's Crab Shack, Brick House Tavern and International locations (except Toronto and British Columbia in Canada) are not included in this program."

Yak & Yeti Quick Serve, is well, QS. Paleo Zone is the hands-on experience at TRex (not the restaurant). Yak & Yeti TS and TRex TS are absolutely included in the Landry's Select Club priority seating program.

From the Landry's site:

"Are there any locations not included in the program?

Mastro’s Restaurants, Yak & Yeti Quick Serve, Build-A-Bear®, Build-A-Dino®, Paleo Zone at T-REX Cafe, Morton's in Saratoga, NY, Rainforest Niagara Falls, Morton's Grille Niagara Falls, Joe's Crab Shack, Brick House Tavern and International locations (except Toronto and British Columbia in Canada) are not included in this program."

Yak & Yeti Quick Serve, is well, QS. Paleo Zone is the hands-on experience at TRex (not the restaurant). Yak & Yeti TS and TRex TS are absolutely included in the Landry's Select Club priority seating program.

Yeah, I apparently missed that Paleo Zone thing, unless it's worded differently on their mobile site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter