Chacchoben Mayan Ruins

dkostel

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me how difficult the terrain is here? My 78yo mom can get around but climbing is a bit out of the question. The description says .8 miles which would be fine, but if she has to climb or walk too quickly it wouldn't.

TIA

There was only one place that we had to climb up ruins to see another part of the park, but we then circled around and came back down and ended up in the same place we started. There were 2 excavated temples on the upper level that we climbed to, but there were at least 3 sets down below without any climbing that she'd be able to see as well.

As for the pathways themselves, they're groomed, dirt walkways. Here's a couple of pictures I have.

PC210800_zps2b9412d8.jpg

PC210845_zps4ed6263b.jpg

HTH

The paths are fairly level and well marked. They are in some places fairly rocky and uneven. Our tour stopped frequently and there are some benches around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter