Centre Island tips anyone?

DaniB

DIS Veteran
Saw a PP with a similar thread for Canada's Wonderland and thought it's a great idea! ;)

I have never been to Centre Island. Taking my 7 year old son there on Thursday. I've looked all over the website yesterday (not much there) and youtube.

We'll be taking the Go Train to Union. It looks like we can walk to the ferry easily enough.

Any tips? Please & thank you!!

If your son like rides, you can get him an all day pass at Centreville. Some of the rides are pretty fun.

It's a great place to just relax and spend some quality time together! I can't remember how much the quadracycles cost, but they were a lot of fun.

Be sure to bring a mat to sit on if you want to go to the beach of lie in the park.

If you are going to Centreville I would go for when it opens which is 10:00 am.
There is a ticket booth inside the park and the lineup is usually shorter than the 1st one you will see. The one inside the park is beside the general store.
If you go over the bridge near centreville and head right you will see Franklins Garden there is a maze there as well as a garden where children can water the plants and learn about them. There is also a small frog pond.
Right near Franklins garden is a nice playground

Just visited this past Saturday and we do Centerville once a year, kinda like a little family tradition. To our surprise it was not crowded at all. It was one of 2 things - the rain kept people away, or we went late. We went in only at 1:30, hit the rides at 2 and it was walk on on most rides.

May I suggest buying your tickets on-line so you can save a few bucks?? As PP said, the other booth is besides Pizza Pizza and it is normally empty but again this year, they were so empty that they walked up to us to take our on-line tickets. My 8 year old loves it as well, though there are more rides for her little sister.

Parking downtown is terrible. If you park in the daytime at some lots, if you get back to your car after 6:00PM, you'll get dinged for the evening parking rate as well.

If you can, I'd recommend bringing your bikes (with a good lock). Riding on the island is great! And a good picnic lunch to avoid the expensive concession stands. Pizza Pizza is really expensive for smaller slices!:eek:

Most of all, have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter