CELL PHONE CHARGING STATIONS KIOSK at various points throughout WDW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodkenrich

DIS Veteran
Chargemax-Cell-Phone-Charging-Station--Ld2007-Series.jpg

Most mobile phone chargers are not really chargers, only power adapters that provide a power source for the charging circuitry which is almost always contained within the mobile phone.[15] They are notoriously diverse, having a wide variety of DC connector-styles and voltages, most of which are not compatible with other manufacturers' phones or even different models of phones from a single manufacturer.

Users of publicly accessible charging kiosks must be able to cross-reference connectors with device brands/models and individual charge parameters and thus ensure delivery of the correct charge for their mobile device. A database-driven system is one solution, and is being incorporated into some designs of charging kiosks.

ummm, OK. :confused3

Haven't seen anything like this in any of the WDW parks or resorts.

No, there aren't any.

Are you asking if there are any, or saying they should or might have them someday?

Looks like on the picture kiosk that you pay to use it, why would I pay for that when I can plug the thing into a wall somewhere?

rodkenrich said:
Most mobile phone chargers are not really chargers, only power adapters that provide a power source for the charging circuitry which is almost always contained within the mobile phone.[15] They are notoriously diverse, having a wide variety of DC connector-styles and voltages, most of which are not compatible with other manufacturers' phones or even different models of phones from a single manufacturer.

Users of publicly accessible charging kiosks must be able to cross-reference connectors with device brands/models and individual charge parameters and thus ensure delivery of the correct charge for their mobile device. A database-driven system is one solution, and is being incorporated into some designs of charging kiosks.

Bradley Airport in Ct has a couple if these.

The airports I've been in that have charging stations just have a bunch of outlets gathered together on a pole with a little counter underneath. Or some have long counters with stools with an outlet for each seating spot so people can charge computers while they use them.

That first picture looks overly complicated.

~That contraption looks scary :scared:, lol. I'm glad our airport doesn't have anything like that! There are several outlets provided throughout the entire terminal and on most of the columns with a little table to rest your cell phone or device on, there are also some are bar style stations & they are all free!!! :goodvibes

Detroit+Metropolitan+Wayne+County+Airport

I'm pretty sure our airport has one of those and the have outlets everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter