Celiac Restaurants - Favorites? Misses? QS go-tos?

Adventureland

Mouseketeer
My ADR date is approaching and I'm trying to figure out where we're gonna eat. It sounds like I have pretty much free reign to pick whatever I want. :) I have Celiac and this is my first time visiting WDW since being diagnosed. I'm hankering for some GF mickey waffles, but I can't eat those all the time. What's everyone's favorite spots and snacks? Anything to avoid? My only other avoidances are onions and garlic, but I'm not a picky eater and like trying new things!

Also, if I'm the only one in my party who has an allergy and we order at a restaurant that needs mobile order, should I place my order when theirs is ready to pick up? What's the wait like for that stuff? I think we're aiming for one sit-down a day and the rest will be snacks and stuff.

I know there's other threads but not so many of them are post-pandemic.

I have celiac and don't have many suggestions because, truly, EVERYWHERE we have eaten has several gluten free options. You will have choices everywhere you go. Standouts for me include the gluten free churros at Nomad Lounge and, as you said, the GF Mickey waffles. Most restaurants that offer a bread service will also have gluten free bread - this includes a bread basket at signature restaurants as well as things like the bread service at Sanaa. The chef will come out and speak with you if you want, and I have to say my favorite chef experience has been at Ohana (hopefully reopening soon) where the chef has made me a truly staggering gluten-free feast. Disney is maybe the best place for people with food allergies/issues to vacation - you'll have a great experience!

Hubby and I are both gluten intolerant. Some of our (current) favorite GF quick service options are:

In Epcot, Regal Eagle - really good bbq and most of the menu is available gluten free. The brisket sandwich comes on Udi's bread and is delicious.

In Magic Kingdom, Pecos Bills has lots of solid choices. Cosmic Rays is dependable if you're in the mood for a burger. The GF pizza at Pinccochio's was a disappointment.

In the Studios, Woody's Lunchbox will do any of their sandwiches on Udi's bread, and they are very good. Backlot Express does a decent burger and their Southwest Salad is pretty good.

At Animal Kingdom we love the bowls at Satu'li Canteen, and Flame Tree BBQ is good as well (but I still prefer Regal Eagle).

At Disney Springs we love D-Luxe Burger (our favorite burger on property), fish and chips at Cooke's of Dublin, and the lemon tea cake at Erin McKenna's is wonderful.

Oh, and about the timing on mobile order - your allergy order will most likely take longer than the rest of the family's, so it might be a good idea to put your order in 5 or 10 minutes before everyone else's.

You'll run a risk of not getting everyone's order at the same time no matter what you do, but I think if I were you that's what I'd try.

I get made fun of (in a loving way) for how much I love to go to WDW because I can eat like a king, safely, and also not feel like I'm on loner island at the dinner table.

The BEST GF Mickey waffles on property are at Ale & Compass in Yacht & Beach Club. Hands down!

I have logged 34 days at WDW since re-opening in July and I can tell you I never got sick once :)

Lots of GF options at DW but one of the best menus I've seen is at Sanna at Animal Kingdom Lodge -Kidani. Well worth the diversion from the parks any time for anyone but especially for their GF menu.

Satuli Canteen has a wide variety of GF meals.

Like mentioned before, every restaurant will have GF options, and they're usually very good.

I get made fun of (in a loving way) for how much I love to go to WDW because I can eat like a king, safely, and also not feel like I'm on loner island at the dinner table.

The BEST GF Mickey waffles on property are at Ale & Compass in Yacht & Beach Club. Hands down!

I have logged 34 days at WDW since re-opening in July and I can tell you I never got sick once :)
Can you get them to go?

Oh, and about the timing on mobile order - your allergy order will most likely take longer than the rest of the family's, so it might be a good idea to put your order in 5 or 10 minutes before everyone else's.

You'll run a risk of not getting everyone's order at the same time no matter what you do, but I think if I were you that's what I'd try.
DH has celiac, and our experience has been that we are MORE likely to get both our meals at the same time if we mobile order them together than we did in the pre-covid days when we walked up to the counter to order. Most resort QS don't have their allergy items posted on the mobile order pages, so when we eat there we need to go inside and speak with a chef or manager. Generally they take both his GF order and my regular order and time it so we get all items at the same time. Our recommendations: QS: Regal Eagle, Blaze Pizza and Erin McKenna's Bakery at Disney Springs, Satuli Canteen. Nothing especially memorable at MK, so we hop on the monorail and eat at Gasparilla at Grand Floridian - quiet, and lots of GF choices. For TS, the skillet at Whispering Canyon is inherently GF and they make a mean GF cornbread. The family-style meals at Garden Grill and Liberty Tree can be easily adapted by having them bring dressing in a separate dish, and they sometimes substitute rice for it. Several restaurants serve a nice flourless chocolate cake (The Wave, Mama Melroses),and a few have crustless cheesecake. And Mickey bars are GF! (Double check on this one, in case they recently changed the formulation).

I am in the very beginning phases of planning our next trip to WDW and am so happy to see this. I am GF and DF (new since our last trip 10+ years ago) and see that Disney is so accommodating. I have been on a few cruises and their attention to detail was very impressive.

DH has celiac, and our experience has been that we are MORE likely to get both our meals at the same time if we mobile order them together than we did in the pre-covid days when we walked up to the counter to order. Most resort QS don't have their allergy items posted on the mobile order pages, so when we eat there we need to go inside and speak with a chef or manager. Generally they take both his GF order and my regular order and time it so we get all items at the same time. Our recommendations: QS: Regal Eagle, Blaze Pizza and Erin McKenna's Bakery at Disney Springs, Satuli Canteen. Nothing especially memorable at MK, so we hop on the monorail and eat at Gasparilla at Grand Floridian - quiet, and lots of GF choices. For TS, the skillet at Whispering Canyon is inherently GF and they make a mean GF cornbread. The family-style meals at Garden Grill and Liberty Tree can be easily adapted by having them bring dressing in a separate dish, and they sometimes substitute rice for it. Several restaurants serve a nice flourless chocolate cake (The Wave, Mama Melroses),and a few have crustless cheesecake. And Mickey bars are GF! (Double check on this one, in case they recently changed the formulation).
So you CAN'T mobile order GF at most QS? Was wondering. I'd love to crowdsource a list of QS restaurants and where you can and can't order off mobile. I was also worrying whether that would be too dangerous for my daughter and I should go to the counter every time. Can I order all of our food then at the counter or only GF stuff for my daughter?

Hubby and I are both gluten intolerant. Some of our (current) favorite GF quick service options are:

In Epcot, Regal Eagle - really good bbq and most of the menu is available gluten free. The brisket sandwich comes on Udi's bread and is delicious.

In Magic Kingdom, Pecos Bills has lots of solid choices. Cosmic Rays is dependable if you're in the mood for a burger. The GF pizza at Pinccochio's was a disappointment.

In the Studios, Woody's Lunchbox will do any of their sandwiches on Udi's bread, and they are very good. Backlot Express does a decent burger and their Southwest Salad is pretty good.

At Animal Kingdom we love the bowls at Satu'li Canteen, and Flame Tree BBQ is good as well (but I still prefer Regal Eagle).

At Disney Springs we love D-Luxe Burger (our favorite burger on property), fish and chips at Cooke's of Dublin, and the lemon tea cake at Erin McKenna's is wonderful.
I love Woody’s turkey sandwich (largely because of the bread!)and now that I’m on keto, I’ve been carb cycling with udi’s bread. So excited to hear that the udi’s version is good!

Last edited:
So you CAN'T mobile order GF at most QS? Was wondering. I'd love to crowdsource a list of QS restaurants and where you can and can't order off mobile. I was also worrying whether that would be too dangerous for my daughter and I should go to the counter every time. Can I order all of our food then at the counter or only GF stuff for my daughter?

I would say it's the other way around - there are more QS places that have mobile order and an allergy menu than ones that have mobile order and no allergy menu.

No real need for a crowdsourced list - it's super easy to see for yourself which places have mobile order, and which of those have an allergy menu on the mobile order. It's all right there in the My Disney Experience App, and you can play with it at home without having to actually order. Just hit the plus button at the bottom of the screen, then Order Food. You'll see all the restaurants with mobile order. Choose one, select an arrival window, and then under Build Your Order hit the See All Categories button - the allergy friendly is always the very last thing on the menu. That will take you to where you choose your allergy. If you don't see an allergy friendly menu, then you can't order it on the app and you'll have to order at the restaurant.

We have mobile ordered for our allergy many times from the app and have always felt safe. And yes, you can order everything at the register for the whole family, if you're eating somewhere you can't mobile order for her allergy.

I would say it's the other way around - there are more QS places that have mobile order and an allergy menu than ones that have mobile order and no allergy menu.

No real need for a crowdsourced list - it's super easy to see for yourself which places have mobile order, and which of those have an allergy menu on the mobile order. It's all right there in the My Disney Experience App, and you can play with it at home without having to actually order. Just hit the plus button at the bottom of the screen, then Order Food. You'll see all the restaurants with mobile order. Choose one, select an arrival window, and then under Build Your Order hit the See All Categories button - the allergy friendly is always the very last thing on the menu. That will take you to where you choose your allergy. If you don't see an allergy friendly menu, then you can't order it on the app and you'll have to order at the restaurant.

We have mobile ordered for our allergy many times from the app and have always felt safe. And yes, you can order everything at the register for the whole family, if you're eating somewhere you can't mobile order for her allergy.
As I mentioned above most RESORT QS don't have the allergy items on their mobile order menu, and your best bet is to ask to speak with a chef/manager and order everybody's food in person. Most PARK QS have the allergy items at the bottom of the mobile order menu, and when we eat in parks we order everyone's (including allergy items) on the app. Never had an issue with gluten cross-contamination either way.

Can't speak to post-pandemic, but my father has Celiac and the only place he had trouble was at our resort quick service (POP) - he ended up with a salad from the to-go case...not great. May want to seek alternatives if you're staying at a value resort :)

As I mentioned above most RESORT QS don't have the allergy items on their mobile order menu, and your best bet is to ask to speak with a chef/manager and order everybody's food in person. Most PARK QS have the allergy items at the bottom of the mobile order menu, and when we eat in parks we order everyone's (including allergy items) on the app. Never had an issue with gluten cross-contamination either way.
Great info, thanks!

I recently discovered the GF chicken fingers/nuggets at WDW. I was really surprised with how good they are! Pretty much any place that has the regular ones will have the GF ones.
I really liked the GF BBQ burger at Regal Eagle.
Trattoria al Forno is a good place to go for GF breakfast. They have GF mickey waffles. I think most of the TS restaurants that have mickey waffles will have the GF ones too.
Woody's Lunchbox makes a really good GF grilled cheese sandwich, if you are looking for something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter