Celebrity Newbie Questions- comparisions to DCL?

Angeliki19

DIS Veteran
Hi! We just got off DCL Fantasy.. it was fabulous. :) That was our third DCL cruise as a family. I am actually sailing on the Celebrity Reflection in a month for a girls-only bachelorette party weekend. Our itinerary is Fort Lauderdale- Nassau-Bimini- Fort Lauderdale. I have never sailed with Celebrity and feeling a little overwhelmed now! A few questions:

1) Is the online check-in process similar to DCL as far as wanting to be on top of it for a good port arrival time?

2) We booked our excursions through DCL for convenience and peace of mind. Is the same thing recommended with Celebrity?

3) We booked the "anytime seating" for meals. I read different things regarding needing to make a reservation that day vs. just showing up. Can someone clarify?

4) We are three staterooms all together- how do we link our rooms so we are all seated together for meals (or is that not needed with the anytime?)

5) Does Celebrity provide towels for excursions?

6) Anything else that would be helpful to know that is vastly different than DCL?

Thanks!!! I am excited but a little nervous as I don't know what to expect and will be shepherding a bunch of drunk moms, ha!

I would assume that the process with Celebrity is similar to Royal. But it might be best to check in at CC to see if there are any Celebrity primers.

Best of luck coraling all the drunk moms, and have fun!

Hi! We just got off DCL Fantasy.. it was fabulous. :) That was our third DCL cruise as a family. I am actually sailing on the Celebrity Reflection in a month for a girls-only bachelorette party weekend. Our itinerary is Fort Lauderdale- Nassau-Bimini- Fort Lauderdale. I have never sailed with Celebrity and feeling a little overwhelmed now! A few questions:

1) Is the online check-in process similar to DCL as far as wanting to be on top of it for a good port arrival time?

Celebrity is not nearly as strict about PAT. Doing your online check-in just makes the port process so much easier. Just aim to head to the port sometime after 11am, getting there around noon and you'll be fine.

2) We booked our excursions through DCL for convenience and peace of mind. Is the same thing recommended with Celebrity?

I've done both, if you are comfortable with the choice and the price book through Celebrity. If you are comfortable doing your own thing do that. Both those ports have fairly easy do it yourself beach days.

3) We booked the "anytime seating" for meals. I read different things regarding needing to make a reservation that day vs. just showing up. Can someone clarify?

If you have anytime you can go into your Celebrity account and prebook your dinner times, or can book once you get onboard or just show up. Wait should be minimum no matter which way you go. If you all want to set together it is better to do it onboard.

4) We are three staterooms all together- how do we link our rooms so we are all seated together for meals (or is that not needed with the anytime?)

5) Does Celebrity provide towels for excursions?

Yes, your room attendant will leave a towel in your room the night before.

6) Anything else that would be helpful to know that is vastly different than DCL?

Thanks!!! I am excited but a little nervous as I don't know what to expect and will be shepherding a bunch of drunk moms, ha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter