• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Celebration World Resort

POLLY ANN

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Has anyone stayed at this resort before?

It's about 3 miles away from WDW.

We got a phenomenal deal to stay there for a week, and the pics look nice online, but you never know what you're going to get once you arrive.

Thanks for any input!

We stayed in Celebration for a few days last November before a cruise and Disney trip....stayed at Celebration hotel--really liked it..loved strolling through town, ate at a few nice restaurants...very enjoyable!

This is different from the town Celebration. It's actually a timeshare resort. I don't believe it has any connection with the the hotel or the town.

But thanks, Debbart, I appreciate your reply. :D

We drove past it last week and it looks very pleasant and <i>is</i> very close to WDW, but the reviews on Trip Advisor aren't good.

I saw those reviews, UKDEB, after I booked it. I didn't get the $25/night but close to it, for a 3BR. I couldn't pass it up.

I can't imagine it being THAT bad, being so new and everything. As far as thin walls, there aren't very many hotels out there that are 100% soundproof. Plus, we're going in September, so hopefully it will be quiet.

I know I can't compare it to Disney, either, so hopefully, I will just expect the worst, and be pleasantly surprised! lol

I stayed there in 2001. I enjoyed it and would not hesitate to stay there again. There are others on the boards here that have had a complete opposite experience and would never go back! We had a smallish one bedroom. It was in good repair ( new) and very clean. I really liked the tropical decor. It was fully equiped with everything we needed, even a washer and dryer. Pool area and check in was pretty and pool looked inviting. I was only there for 4 nights so we did not get to try the pool. The resort staff was very friendly and helpful.

We stayed at Celebration World Resort for a week in Nov 2003 and LOVED IT! It had everything we needed and the pool was wonderful! My DH said when we go back he wants to stay there again. I really liked that it's not right on the strip and it took us just a few minutes to get to WDW. We did NOT stay under the 'view our presentation' plan to get lower rates but booked through hotels.com (they don't do CWR anymore). I hope your visit is as good as ours was!

Would love to know if this is a good place also have a great rate but I am not sure Have not heard of anyone staying there or how the transportation was to and from the parks

Originally posted by Maryjane1
Would love to know if this is a good place also have a great rate but I am not sure Have not heard of anyone staying there or how the transportation was to and from the parks

We got a great deal on a rental car therefore didn't require transportation, I don't believe they have a shuttle. At the time you are going, Maryjane1, the resort shouldn't be busy. The toilets flush loud, that's the only down side I can remember. But when the resort isn't filled, who cares if you hear one neighbor's flush? We pretty much had the pool to ourselves every night. From our screened in balcony, we could look down on the pool. ;)

Just returned from Celebration World Resort and found it to be a really nice resort. Not too big, just the right size. I don't understand all the bad reviews people are giving this place.

We were there during the Charley and everything was fine. We lost power on Friday night, but was restored on Saturday morning. I really didn't have much trouble with the flushing toilets. Getting to Disney was very easy. Needed extra trash bags, called, they were there within five minutes. Then they called to make sure we received them.

I would differently stay there again.

Mary

Thanks, Mary, for your input. That really makes me feel alot better knowing that the place isn't really a dump!

Most of our time will be spent at the parks, anyway, so as long as it is clean and we have a place to lay our heads, we'll be happy! :)

Also, if you or 44sun have any pictures you can post, that would be cool. ;)

Originally posted by POLLY ANN
Also, if you or 44sun have any pictures you can post, that would be cool. ;)

POLLY ANN, dumb question (I'm so embarassed), how & where do I post pictures? :confused:

44sun, do you have a website you can put them on? To be honest with you, I'm not sure! I do know that you can't directly load them from your computer into a post.

Anyone??

Thanks!

POLLY ANN

did you get a week at Celebration World Resort II

we stayed at celebration world couple years ago, the only problem we had was they tried to switch us to the "small" one bedroom with partial kitchen, even though our certificate said "full"

but with RCI's help we were able to sort it out ( celebration world said RCI assigned units, RCI said the resort did, after RCI called the resort it was fixed )

the staff was friendly

they were doing construction back then, probably on the new Celebration World II

we did take the tour and their expansion plans ....supposedly a lot more amenities were being built

you should have no problem if you snagged a 3 bedroom there

lawgs, no we didn't get it at Celebration II. I could be wrong but I believe that is still under construction?

It's nice to hear good reports about it, when you have no clue what the place is like other than pics online! The price couldn't be passed up, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter