Celebrating with Mickey and Co - Day 8

Claire L

<font color=blue>Enjoys a good broadway show<br><f
Thursday February 12th 2009

This morning we woke and did the remainder of our packing before heading over to check in at the Boardwalk Inn where we would be spending the next 7 nights :) As the SSR studio was booked also for that night we didn’t have to leave the room by 11am. We got over to the BWI by about 11am and as expected the room wasn’t ready and we were advised to return about 3pm. As it was overcast we headed off to DHS. Upon entering we realised this may be a mistake as the American Idol attraction was receiving its official premiere later today!

DHS_AI_1.JPG

DHS_AI_2.JPG

DHS_AI_3.JPG

Anyway we decided to go and grab a bite to eat in the Starring Rolls café and I had the M&M brownie with apple juice and Nathan had the muffin and orange juice.

DHS_bakery.JPG

After this most other attractions appeared impossible but we decided to go and see the Indiana Jones Stunt Show as it has a large capacity. The show is the same as ever but still entertaining.

IJ_1.JPG

IJ_2.JPG

As we sat there the clouds appeared to start to go.

IJ_3.JPG

IJ_4.JPG

IJ_5.JPG

After this we took the boat back to BWI and went to see if our room was ready. We were initially given a ground floor room but after I said we preferred a higher floor we were given a 5th floor room :) We then went to check out our new room :teeth:

BWI_room_1.JPG

BWI_room_2.JPG

BWI_room_3.JPG

BWI_room_4.JPG

BWI_room_5.JPG

BWI_room_6.JPG

BWI_room_7.JPG

BWI_room_8.JPG

BWI_room_9.JPG

Which had a great side water view :thumbsup2

BWI_view_arrival.JPG

It was then time to go back to SSR to collect our luggage. After this we had a quick wander round to get a picture of where we stayed.

SSR_pur_room.JPG

Once at BWI and settled in we took a quick dip in the quiet pool. Not knowing what we fancied to eat this evening but not wanting to venture to far we settled for the Cape May Café – New England Clam Bake. As expected it was busy but we were seated within about 20 minutes. The selection of food at the buffet was good. I started with the seafood chowder.

Cape_May_1.JPG

Nathan had a selection of chicken ribs, sirloin and salad.

Cape_May_2.JPG

I then tried the peel and eat shrimp with salad.

Cape_May_3.JPG

Then it was time to try the fried fish and sirloin with corn on the cob.

Cape_May_4.JPG

Finally it was time for dessert and they tasted great.

Cape_May_5.JPG

After this we took the boat back to the BWI and fell fast asleep.

Claire ;)

Wonderful day, we saw the Indi show at the beginning of Feb but it did not have the aircraft in it, do the not do that scene all the time :confused3

You're room looks lovely and what a beautiful view :thumbsup2.
The food looks really delicious,especially the chicken,steak+rib dish.x.

The room looks lovely and great not to have to go to far for dinner

susan

Wonderful day, we saw the Indi show at the beginning of Feb but it did not have the aircraft in it, do the not do that scene all the time :confused3

Never not seen it in 8 years but guess sometimes it may be broken.

Claire ;)

Claire, thanks for more good reporting, especially the series of photos of your BWI room. Realized as I was looking at them that though I'm familiar with the BWV, I've never been in a BWI room and there are some differences.
Ready to read about the rest of your trip, so anytime now . . .

Your report is great so far, the food pics are great even though they are making me very very hungry lol.

The food looks amazing :) Might have to add that to my list of 'to do's'.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter