Celebrating son's 1st birthday at Chef Mickey's - Cupcake options

Disney*Dreamer

DIS Veteran
We will be celebrating our youngest son's 1st birthday at Disney this year. On his birthday we have Chef Mickey's reserved for breakfast at 8:30am. Then his first hair cut at Harmony at 11am. I know it is breakfast, but I would really like for him to get some sort of cake on his birthday. I have looked through the cake threads, and frankly spending that much $ on a cake that will probably not be eaten is just not an option for me. Plus we will be having a big party when we get home and I want my cake budget on that party. Please do not suggest the mini cakes either, again, not paying that much for a piece of cake.

So I think our best option is a cupcake. I see that the Contempo has a birthday cupcake, but was wondering if it is available at breakfast? We could run in there and grab one and take it to chef Mickey's with us. Also on the food blog I noticed that her pic was a Minnie one, but she noted that they told her it came in blue too, which makes me think it wasn't readily available in blue when she visited since she said that the cm told her that. So I am wondering if I need to call the night before to make sure they have a blue one. Also wondering if I can just call Chef Mickeys and arrange for them to have it there already.

Looking on the cake threads I also see that everything says "except CSR", which is where we are staying. So if no options are available there, what are the cakes there like? I don't see any pictures of them. I would consider waiting till we are back at the resort to do this if I knew my options there.

Also is there anywhere in MK that has nice cupcakes that would work for a birthday for a little boy? That way we could wait till later in the day (not breakfast) to have one. We plan to eat at Columbia Harbor House later that day, so we could buy one somewhere else and take it in with us, but don't really want to leave the park to go over to the Contempo at that point.

TIA for any suggestions.

We've done birthday breakfasts at Chef Mickey's twice. Both times my son received a cupcake at breakfast. It was a plain yellow cupcake with icing and Mickey sprinkles. Just make sure his birthday is noted on your reservation -- and double check when you check in for your reservation.

They will bring cupcakes out for breakfast at CM for birthdays. On our trip last year, we did breakfast at CM and Ohana - others celebrated birthdays at both and received cupcakes.

If you want to pick one up in MK and take to CHH, i'd suggest Main Street Bakery. Even though they mainly serve Starbucks products, they do have some Disney cupcakes.

They will bring cupcakes out for breakfast at CM for birthdays. On our trip last year, we did breakfast at CM and Ohana - others celebrated birthdays at both and received cupcakes.

If you want to pick one up in MK and take to CHH, i'd suggest Main Street Bakery. Even though they mainly serve Starbucks products, they do have some Disney cupcakes.

Do you have to make that request at chef mickeys? When I made the reservation I told them that it was his birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter