Celebrating my son's birthday at US/IOA

Thadine

If you wish long and hard enough it will happen
Hi, my son will turn 6 in April and we will be in Orlando for his birthday.
Since I am a Disney freak I thought we could do fun stuff on his b-day at Disney.
But little Mr J decided that he wanted to celebrate with Scooby, Spiderman, Diego, Shrek etc etc
Although we have been to Universal Studios twice I am not that familiar with this park.
So I need lots of help.

I am thinking of staying one night at RP so we can enjoy the extra stuff by staying onsite. Do I buy the whole package from the resort ?(tickets and all)
Or should I buy my tickets separately?
Is there anywhere fun for him to eat on his b-day? I was thinking more dinner
since we will arrive on the morning of his b-day and you can check in till 11:00 right? If the room is not ready can we at least go to the park ?(this if I buy the hotel package)
Is there anything else I can do to make his day a special one??
Any advice is welcome
Thanks a lot
Thadine

you posted this question in another thread in this forum and i answered you there.

i did a cut and paste to repeat when i answered you there.
some times posters miss seeing the replies in the first thread.

welcome to the darkside!

many here can give their thoughts and suggestions to make it easier for you to plan.

don't buy a package. buy your tickets separate. a promo is going on now for 7 days 2 parks passes for $94.xx. if you bought a 2 day, 2 park ticket, that would cost you over $108.xx each.

book the room for one night and you will get the fotl perk for 2 days.
the day you check in and the day you check out you will still received the hotel perk of FOTL. you use your hotel card as your express pass to use all the express lanes. you get unlimited express pass/fotl perks.

i check into the hotel at 7:30 am.
i do the paper work for check in and receive my hotel key card.
i then go to city walk for coffee and enter the parks when they open.

rooms generally are not available early in the morning.
you are given written instructions of how to find out your room number.
you can call from the park/guest services or any TM can help you make that call.

when you find out your room number at the hotel, the front desk automatically codes it in the system. your hotel key that you have is also programed. therefore, you do not have to stop at the desk when you come back to your hotel room.

you can ask the front desk to have your luggage put in your room before you get back to the hotel from the park or you can call "star services" on the phone in your room to have your stuff brought to your room.

let me back track.....when you check in, you can store your luggage with the valet. they will give you a claim ticket stub.
if you want to get your own luggage from valet, you have to show them your claim ticket.

most of the time, guests have valet bring the luggage to your room.

when you make your room ressie, have them note you are celebrating a birthday for your young son.
also mention that when you check in to the hotel.

some hotels send free balloons to the room for your child.
not every time but sometimes this happens.

Thanks again macraven. I saw your first reply and it was then that I noticed that I wrote on someone's thread instead of starting one of my own.
Your tips are great.
If someone else has another b-day tip I am here to read it.:surfweb:

Thadine

i think more readers will see this post and help out here than on the other thread

but do check back on the other thread just in case there is a reply to you.

love to help you.

thadine, it looks like you have more replies in the other thread on celebrating your child's bd at universal.
go take a look in case you haven't yet.

you can highlight your new thread you made.
copy it
then in the other thread, make a post and say, i moved my question to this thread.

then place the copied highlighted thread in that post.

that would make it easier for others to go and post in the current new thread you have made.

unless you want to keep it where you have it, is up to you.:goodvibes

*BUMP*
Which restaurant would you choose?
Margarithaville or Island Dining room?
Or do you have any other great restaurant where we can have dinner
with the b-day boy:)

Thadine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter