Celebrating my 40th Birthday at WDW

Kellybelly78

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone,

I will be celebrating my 40th Birthday at WDW. I will be there on my actual birthday, which I am super excited about.

Does anyone have any tips on what I can do or ask for as a special request to make my day extra special?

I am a big fan of Epcot, and plan on probably spending at least half the day in Epcot.

I will also be staying at OKW - my first trip as a DVC Member!

I went for my 40th birthday (unfortunately it was 7 years ago) and Nothing really "special" happened. It is fun to wear our birthday button and have everyone tell you happy birthday. Perhaps the restaurants will give you a free desert with your meal, but I have never really had a "magical moment" in 12 trips to Disney.

I've been lucky to go for my birthday several times, including my upcoming 30th!

As @jescar831 said, wear your birthday button and enjoy getting the birthday wishes. Make sure it's marked on your DVC reservation (they may have the button waiting for you!) and any ADRs that you've made.

As for any special moments they've included randomly getting pulled to the front of the line on Pirates, being picked to take part of the water tank portion of the Backlot Tour, getting a free cookie at Starring Rolls, getting a mini cupcake with my dessert at Prime Time Cafe, and having the next table over singing me happy birthday at Raglan Road, and getting a card from "Mickey and Friends" at Mama Melrose.

For me, they were all great moments, but honestly my favorite is just getting the happy birthday wishes from the characters because they saw the button.

I second the suggestions to update your OKW reservation that you are celebrating your birthday. Wear your birthday button and then be prepared for plenty of "Happy Birthday" wishes.
Epcot is an excellent place for an adult celebration. Wishing you a pixiedust: :bday:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter