• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Cedar Point Coupon

diswedwish

DIS Veteran
FYI in case anyone is interested... If you go to Cedar Point's website, under resorts, coupons, there are some coupons up for the hotels. We're planning to use the one for Hotel Breakers - it's $100 off a stay of 2 nights or more, plus a "commemorative gift" - whatever that is. We booked the cheapest room they had, 1 Queen non-smoking, $105/night. I didn't think that was a bad deal, 2 nights on-property for $110 plus tax. It's good for 5/6-6/12. HTH someone:)

Thanks!

We have been looking for weekend getaways and this might just be one of them :)

That's actually a nice hotel! And pretty good rate too (using the coupon)! Good job!

Speaking of cedar Point, my DH and I have wanted to go for awhile and haven't been yet. Being ACE'ers, our whole point of going was to ride Top Thrill. However, and you can't imagine how happy I am to say this, now that the WORLD RECORD coaster at our home park of Six Flags great Adventure(Kingda Ka), is there any point in going to Cedar Point? I know they have other nice coasters, but is it worth the trip?

We are season pass holders and I love it there! My kids love it there to. Even though we are only an hour away we love sometimes staying the night.
Thanks for the info!!!

Thanks for the tip, DD19 will be working there this summer with the college program, so it looks like I will be visiting there pretty often.

Denise

we went to Cedar Point in June '03 specifically to ride TTD after it first opened. best ride ever! we waited 3 hrs to ride it, it broke down 4 times during the wait but we were not going home to MA without getting on it and this was the only day it was actually open during our 3 day visit. we are hoping to get to NJ to ride the new one.

if you love coasters, Cedar Point is worth the trip. they have some great wooden coasters, as well as some unique ones like 'wicked twister'. without looking it up i think they have 17 coasters?

we didn't take our ds as he was too young then but there is plenty of kiddie stuff as well. the only thing we hated was there 'fastpass' system. i hope they've changed it, it consisted of handstamps for the rides.

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
Speaking of cedar Point, my DH and I have wanted to go for awhile and haven't been yet. Being ACE'ers, our whole point of going was to ride Top Thrill. However, and you can't imagine how happy I am to say this, now that the WORLD RECORD coaster at our home park of Six Flags great Adventure(Kingda Ka), is there any point in going to Cedar Point? I know they have other nice coasters, but is it worth the trip?

My DD and I went to the SFGA season passholders event on sunday and all I can say is wow! that is a huge RC we cannot wait to ride! Also the park was so clean (I know it's because they just opened) and all the employees were so friendly it was a pleasant surprise.Here is a pic of Kingda Ka
28005631906_0_ALB.jpg

It's a great park. We tried their 'Hallo'Weekends this past October. It was lots of fun! Top Thrill Dragster was fun but once was enough for me, LOL!
Smiles,
Diane =0)

cocowum said:
My DD and I went to the SFGA season passholders event on sunday and all I can say is wow! that is a huge RC we cannot wait to ride! Also the park was so clean (I know it's because they just opened) and all the employees were so friendly it was a pleasant surprise.Here is a pic of Kingda Ka
28005631906_0_ALB.jpg
I don't see the Kingda Ka pic, but you have a cute dog!!!!

SSDonut said:
What's Cedar Point? :confused3

Thanks!

An amusement park, coaster heaven, located close to Exit 8 of the Ohio Turnpike, near Sandusky, on the shores of Lake Erie. If you like coasters, you can spend the entire day going from one to the other to the other. There are other things to do there as well, a couple of water rides, a water park, shows, kiddie things, but it's known for the coasters.

I'm just kidding, of course... :goodvibes I live in Sandusky and deal with Cedar Point on a yearly basis, there's a joke about tourists around here. Cedar Point is expensive, it's no lie, but if you're a coaster junkie, we've got the best (I'm not just saying that because I live here.). The best time to visit is usually before schools get out (May, early June). July and August can be extremely crowded, after Labor Day the Halloweekends start, which aren't usually as busy (gets cold on the lake). Hope this helps!

ImagineMeDisney said:
I'm just kidding, of course... :goodvibes I live in Sandusky and deal with Cedar Point on a yearly basis, there's a joke about tourists around here. Cedar Point is expensive, it's no lie, but if you're a coaster junkie, we've got the best (I'm not just saying that because I live here.). The best time to visit is usually before schools get out (May, early June). July and August can be extremely crowded, after Labor Day the Halloweekends start, which aren't usually as busy (gets cold on the lake). Hope this helps!
Correction, You USED to have the best. Now the title of best will be going to us!!! LOL

LoL, don't worry, you won't have that title too long... :rotfl2: I'm just kidding, it's exciting to have a record-breaking coaster in your park, isn't it?

Hey, ImagineMeDisney! My husband grew up in Bellevue, where his mom still lives, and he has sisters (and their families) in Clyde and Sandusky! My DD, 11, absolutely adores Cedar Point- it's the highlight of the 4th of July trip to Grandma's every year! I think I'll check out that coupon deal- you can probably guess how cozy it gets, sleeping on the sofabed in my MIL's NON-AIRCONDITIONED living room in July!!!

ImagineMeDisney said:
LoL, don't worry, you won't have that title too long... :rotfl2: I'm just kidding, it's exciting to have a record-breaking coaster in your park, isn't it?
It is!!!!! and it's not even done yet!!! I'm sure you guys will blow us back into nowhere land within a couple of seasons. So we gotta enjoy it while we can

Hey leebee, yeah MiL's non-air conditioned house sounds *GREAT*. :sad2: :goodvibes

I don't know, CP has been putting in some funky stuff lately..Top Thrill may be a record breaker but it breaks down quite a bit, too..I'll never ride it, i can tell you that much..

BTW, Cedar Point has recently added an indoor water park to one of their resorts. It's called Castaway Bay and it's just outside of the CP Causeway. I haven't been there myself as DH works at the other waterpark resort in town, but it's supposed to be pretty nice...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter