CBR- What area to request -I don't understand how room assignments work

1hero2princesses

DIS Veteran
OK I just got back from disney a few weeks ago and still don't understand how they decide what room you get. I know there is a water view. But I read about a perfered room. I was not offered that? We are bouncebacking to a new resort next year (stayed POR want to try CBR) and I keep reading it is big. My kids are little and I will have a stroller. We want to be near the food court and pool. Exactly how far away could we end up? What section should I request (although I don't think requests work very well I hope it might work this time). As a side note - I also don't understand why there is no priority given to when you book. To me it seems if you book a farther out you could have some hopes for a room you want as opposed to the person that booked the day before. I know they say they won't guarantee requests and they clearly don't as ours were completely ignored last time but I guess I will try again. At POR I booked 9 months out, requested AB with a choice of 3 buildings. Got Mansions no where near that area (we are 5 but our youngest is under 3), we actually paid for water view but you really could not see water but I guess we were sort of near a pool. We ended up moving but I don't want to have to do that again as it was really hard. My husband says don't waste the money on water view as we really weren't able to see water but I also don't want a view of the parking lot. Any advice on what to request at CBR? Should I pay for waterview? Is there some sort of preferred room? Or is it all just a roll of the dice anyway (which isn't so good because I am not the luckiest of people).

I could be wrong, but IIRC, if you are using a bounceback code, preferred rooms are "blacked out." I could be wrong about though....

As for where/what to request, it all depends. Water view at CBR could mean a spot near the beach/lake or it could mean just a pool view. We stayed water view and got lucky with a room next to both in the Aruba section. It was just a short walk across the bridge to Old Port Royale (the main building with the food court and gift shop and where the main pool is located). Standard view is often a view of a courtyard or garden. I don't remember if rooms actually face the parking lot. :confused3

But really, all of the sections have their charm and are in decent walking distance of OPR. The only one that's off the beaten path is Trinidad South. It takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R to get anywhere from there. Avoid it at all costs! :lmao: (I believe it is this "island" that's being renovated to become the PotC suites, so you may not have to worry about it anyway....)

Also, each "island" has their own bus stop so you don't have to worry about having a long walk to a bus stop each morning, and you can even ride your bus around to OPR if you don't feel like hiking across the grounds.

Finally, you should consider that CBR doesn't have any elevators. So if hauling a stroller up and down a flight of stairs each day doesn't sound appealing, I would request a first floor room.

Hope some of that helped in your decision. CBR really is a great resort, and I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter where your room is located. :thumbsup2 Have a great trip!

You can pay for a preferred room in Martinique or Trinidad North. The two closest islands to Old Port Royale where the main pool, food court, sit down restaurant, arcade and gift shops are located. I would not pay for a waterview room. The next two closest islands to OPR would be Jamaica 45, 46, 44 and Aruba 51 and 52...these are considered standard rooms, but are only a 5 minute walk to OPR.

I would suggest calling CRO asking them to please make a request for which island/building you would like. I would also suggest requesting a first floor room since they do not have elevators. There are only two floors in each building, however, a bit hard to move strollers up and down steps.

Each island has their own quiet pool, beach area with hammocks and bus stop. There's also an internal bus that will take you from island to island. If you get Martinique, Trinidad North, Aruba or Jamaica you really wouldn't need to use the internal bus for anything other than when you first check-in at the Customs House unless you drive a personal car.

Be sure to check out the Caribbean Beach Resort FAQ. Safetymom does a great job of updating it on a daily basis along with pictures.

You were not offered a "preferred room" at POR because there aren't any there. CBR does have preferred rooms, though. We paid for this room when we stayed at CBR specifically because we hated our location at POR the trip before. It was definitely worth the extra money. We always stay preferred if it is available now. (Haven't stayed at POR since.)

Yes, as another poster said, you could not be given a preferred room at POR because they (along with all the other moderates, except for CBR) don't offer one. At CBR you can book and pay for a preferred room. The cost is the same as a water view. I wouldn't ever pay for a water view, I just don't think they are worth it. The preferred sections are Trinidad North and Martinique. Right on either side of OPR (main pool, food court, gift shops). Aruba and Jamaica are right across the bridge from OPR, a 5 minute walk. Barbados and Trinidad South are the farthest out at about a 10 minute walk. There is an internal bus running all the time, so you can always catch it if you don't feel like walking. As of 2009, Trinidad South will be made into the pirate rooms, so you will not get put there unless you specifically book it and pay extra for it.

Each village has it's own quiet pool and it's own bus stop, which makes it very nice, you are never far from those things!

As others have said, you might want to request the first floor. Although if you didn't get it there is only one flight of stairs to climb. All buildings are only 2 stories.

Good luck getting what you want and have fun!! :goodvibes

I guess I will call. Actually we were not offered a preferred room at CBR either. I wonder if it was not available as part of the bounceback. I was offered a pirate room, water view or regular room.

Then I would go with standard room and request Aruba51/52, Jamaica 45/44 or Martinique 22. Yes, some of Martinique is considered Preferred, but some of the buildings are standard. Along with that, request 1st floor if you feel stairs would be unmanageable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter