CBR or POR? Help me decide!

TaxiLab

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I have booked a bounce back for October 24-28. Hoping to go to my first MNSSHP and I'm very excited. I have a room at POR where I stayed at the beginning of April. The resort is so pretty and there is a lot to explore there so I thought, out of all the mods (don't know anything about the others), I'd just stay there again because I liked it. But now I'm thinking maybe I should stay at CBR. I love the bright colors and look of the resort, but have read the comments about the poor bus service. Should I switch? What would you do? TIA!

I'm in the POR camp -I stayed at CBR many years ago and just wasn't that crazy about it.

CBR looks so fun, but I just cannot do full beds with my husband and son. Hate touching people while I sleep--I'm always half awake.

POR/FQ would be my choice of those options.

Well, we had better bus service at CBR, but we still liked POR better (love it there).

Even though we didn't care for CBR as much, it wasn't terrible (had a flood in our room, but that's a fluke) and we wouldn't have known unless we tried it! If you don't stay CBR this time, try to at least get over there and check it out. We had been considering staying at Coronado, but then we checked it out. It was quite beautiful, but we couldn't stand the food court and that happens to be something that's important to us!

Honestly, I think you'll be fine either way! BTW, I'm jealous about the MNSSHP! We were lucky enough to do a Pirate and Princess party one year and LOVED IT! Really want to get back for MNSSHP or MVMCP, but the dates never work out for us! GRRR!

Have fun!

I would pick POR, especially if you are flying in. I did not like that the Custom House(check-in) is in a different area than Old Port Royale at CBR. CBR is so large that the internal shuttle has to take you from the Custom House to your room if you don't have a car.

Can't say that we had issues with the buses at CBR other than there are a lot of stops at the resort.

I've stayed at both and I much prefer POR. CBR just didn't do it for me. It is way too big, has way too many bus stops, and I didn't much care for the food court. Plus CBR still has double sized beds instead of queens.

Thanks for all your thoughts and input. I think I am going to stay put at POR. I really did like it in April and would love to spend more time there. It's so beautiful and relaxing. Thanks again! :disrocks:

We have stayed at both and loved both. My only recommendation is to pay the little extra and go preferred room especially at CBR. CBR is huge and if you don't go with a PR, you could end up in a building pretty far from everything.

Sorry, when you are referring to POR is that PORFQ or PORR? I am trying to also figure our btwn BCR and either of the POR's. Thanks.

CBR doesn't impress me too much (FL resident who isn't too impressed with the beach scene).

If I were you though, I'd try it. The upside is that you can't go wrong with Disney resorts! ;)

I agree withe everyone else. I would do POR. We didn't care for CBR much. Have fun either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter