CBR or POFQ?

Which do you prefer?

• CBR

• POFQ

Results are only viewable after voting.

mom2taylorandemily

Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney..
We currently have a preferred room booked for 9 nights at CBR, but we orginally wanted POFQ. I am wondering if I should switch? Any advice. What do you like and dislike about each? Thank you.

Oooh! I'm the first one to vote!

I've stayed at both, but many, many more times at CBR.

CBR: love, love, love the theming. Can't be beat! Such pretty colors everywhere and lots of foliage. Hammocks on the beach. Quiet pools. Lots of places to walk around. Good food court, cute shops. And, the best music playing all around!

POFQ: Quaint, small, boat to DTD, beignets!!!

Good luck with your decision! :goodvibes

I have stayed at both but much prefer CBR because I like the fact it has more than one pool. I also prefer the more spread out grounds of the larger mods and CBR is my favorite of any mod. Its nice to be able to rent a bike or boat at CBR, there is just lots to do and enjoy at that resort. I also like it that you can see the high up fireworks of Epcot from many points around the resort. Our room at CBR was cleaner and in better shape than our POFQ room. I like having the full service restaurant, and Shutters was very good the night we ate there. I prefer the tropical theming of CBR but thats a personal thing, and may not be something that you do like/prefer!

It was nice to have the boat to DTD from POFQ and nice that given the bus sharing with POR, FQ is picked up and dropped off first. I think you cannot go wrong with either, they are both lovely resorts. My kids just found the one and only pool at POFQ too small and crowded.

French Quartrer is nice and compact, however CBR has many "villages" all with their own pool, laundry room and busstop. So you aren't that far from anything. Also, if you paid for preferred than that will make you close to the main area and a couple of the quiet pools. I find the resort so lovely, that our 5-7 minute, leisurely walk from our building in Barbados (#16) to the main area was a pleasure not a chore. We stayed at POFQ during Christmas week and that one pool was just packed with no place else (excpet POR but that wasn't convenient) to escape to. I missed the quiet pools the other mods offer.

We liked both about equally well, although they are different. POFQ is smaller and we spent less time on buses. CB has a very relaxed atmosphere with a larger food court. Try them both if you can. If you have to go with just one, I recommend POFQ.

We have stayed at both but it has been a while since we were at CBR. We loved the grounds and the theming here. The thing we did not like is the room. It was worn out, dark, and depressing. I hated going back to the room each day and wished we would have tried to switch resorts. Since we stayed the rooms have been referbished and we have even thought of trying this resort again. We really like POFQ and have stayed here 3 times, and will be there again in September. We love the small size of the resort, the food court, rooms, pool, and boat to DD. Being within a short walk to POR for their sit down restaurant is a bonus as well. Enjoy your trip and have fun no matter where you stay.

We liked both about equally well, although they are different. POFQ is smaller and we spent less time on buses. CB has a very relaxed atmosphere with a larger food court. Try them both if you can. If you have to go with just one, I recommend POFQ.

Ditto! You will enjoy whichever you choose.

:confused3 :confused3 This is exactly our dilemna as well. I was so glad to see this thread. We have stayed at POFQ 3 times since last May and LOVE it! We kind of want to branch out and stay at another resort (we're planning a last-minute trip for next month) and we are trying to choose b/w CBR and POFQ. On the one hand, we know POFQ and we know how much we like it. On the other hand, we DO want to try something new! Please help with your suggestions!!

I've stayed at both, but liked POFQ better...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter