CBR or All Star??

bentopher

DIS Veteran
I really really want to take my boys again this coming May.

I'm looking at doing 7 nights this time, last time we did 5 nights and only had 4 days and we were sooo rushed and didn't get the down time we and THEY needed. They'll be 6 and 5 when I go in May 2013.

We stayed at All Star Sports the last time we went, which was great for the 3 of us. The boys enjoyed it very much, and I believe would be just as happy to stay there again next time.

I really want to stay at the CBR this time. I think they would love the pools with the pirate theme and the slides etc. This is RIGHT up there alley. And last time of course they loved the parks, but really wanted more down time to just play and swim and such.

HOWEVER.... looks like it'll cost me an extra $600ish to stay CBR instead of at all All Star. And if that's the case, I most definitely can't go this May, I would have to wait at least another six months past that to go to save up the extra. BUT, we really want to go NOW.. LOL May seems so far away as it is.

What would you do? I can't decide what to do!

I really really want to take my boys again this coming May.

I'm looking at doing 7 nights this time, last time we did 5 nights and only had 4 days and we were sooo rushed and didn't get the down time we and THEY needed. They'll be 6 and 5 when I go in May 2013.

We stayed at All Star Sports the last time we went, which was great for the 3 of us. The boys enjoyed it very much, and I believe would be just as happy to stay there again next time.

I really want to stay at the CBR this time. I think they would love the pools with the pirate theme and the slides etc. This is RIGHT up there alley. And last time of course they loved the parks, but really wanted more down time to just play and swim and such.

HOWEVER.... looks like it'll cost me an extra $600ish to stay CBR instead of at all All Star. And if that's the case, I most definitely can't go this May, I would have to wait at least another six months past that to go to save up the extra. BUT, we really want to go NOW.. LOL May seems so far away as it is.

What would you do? I can't decide what to do!

I know you will get alot of different responses on this one, but, in our experience (and we have stayed at all values & CBR), we just did not feel that CBR offered anymore than any of our value stays to justify paying extra $$. (We stayed at CBR during Free Dining in 2009). It is actually our least favorite resort and DH has said that he would rather stay at All Stars before staying at CBR again. We just really didn't care for it at all.

That being said, if your boys are into pirates, then yes, you may enjoy this resort immensely.

I'm not being any help here, am I?? Good luck!

I know you will get alot of different responses on this one, but, in our experience (and we have stayed at all values & CBR), we just did not feel that CBR offered anymore than any of our value stays to justify paying extra $$. (We stayed at CBR during Free Dining in 2009). It is actually our least favorite resort and DH has said that he would rather stay at All Stars before staying at CBR again. We just really didn't care for it at all.

That being said, if your boys are into pirates, then yes, you may enjoy this resort immensely.

I'm not being any help here, am I?? Good luck!

CBR still has double beds, just like the values. I also cannot justify spending the extra $$$ on this resort. Although as the pp mentioned, if your kids really love pirates, then the pirate room & the main pool will be great for your kids. I personally would stick to a value. The values have double beds as well as a fridge and free wifi. I guess the only thing youre "missing out" on is the hot tub (I dont use it much), water slide (we didnt use much of that either), and lush grounds. I'd honestly book a value in your case, esp if it means you get to go sooner. We always have a great stay at values. Theyre so much fun. And all resorts do have activities during the day plus movies at night. im sure your boys will love any resort you pick. My suggestion would be either ASMovies or Pop Century....or heck, even the L.Mermaid section at AoA!

This family prefers to wait until we can stay where we want. We are huge fans of CBR as it is our favorite moderate. We were going to go back to CBR again in May 2013, but have decided to wait until October because we have been wanting to try the Boardwalk Villas.

We have stayed at CBR 3 times and it is fantastic. Since you want to spend some down time at your resort, CBR is great for that. We usually schedule 2 resort days at CBR. It is so relaxing and is such a great change from the craziness of the parks. We feel we get 2 vacations in one staying there. We have a hard time getting our DS10 out of the pool for dinner! CBR is scheduled to get queen beds in March 2013 too!

I know it's tough waiting because we struggled with the same decision. We will have to wait until October 2013 to know if we made the right decision.

I would go sooner and stay value. We have stayed at CBR twice and I gave it a second chance because I thought that I would like it more. Nope. My least favorite food court and I just do not like it there. It is very pretty, but there is just an offness to it that makes it my least fave of all the resorts that I have tried.

Go Value and make your room your own pirate theme! As OP stated, the beds are only fullsize at both -- and pirate room at CBR costs a lot more than standard anyhow.

So, do the Value, but with some of your own decorations you can create your own pirate theme with the boys.

Tom

I'm also thinking if I stay for 1 or 2 less nights it would bring the cost down a bunch too. But the whole point was I wanted to go for a longer period of time so we didn't have to rush and could enjoy down time. :confused3

I would stay at a value but pick a different value so they can try something new. You can go to one of the water parks for water slides :)

That is a hard one. Our whole family LOVES CBR the best. The pool is great!!!!! and there are hottubs too. We like CBR's pool better than the deluxes we stayed at. Are you getting a discount of any kind? And if it's a hotel you really want to stay at.

We enjoyed our stay at All Star Music much more than CBR for a different reason. There are many bus stops on the CBR property and it seemed to take us forever to get to a park. At All Stars, it's one stop and you're on your way. I also feel if you have little kids, they don't care if you stay at a Motel 6 as long as it has a pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter