CBR or AKL

If a savanna view room, and a decent amount of time spent at the resort at different times, then I would choose AKL.
(Animals are not always outside the room, especially in the morning when they visit the vet area)

I would have a hard time with a cash standard view room, especially with the ones on the walkway to the bus stop.

hey

Me and my partner and booked into CBR as it stands for November 2019 for our honeymoon

We quite like the look of that resort and a good chance you will have the Disney sky liner than too and may be quicker to the parks too ?

However I noticed that’s its only a few hundred pound more for AKL which looked nice to

I’m just wondering what resort you would say is best and what you would choose

We haven’t stayed at ethier before and would like a bit of advance on what u think we should do
AKL. No contest. Beautiful resort all under one roof. Good restaurants. Two feature pools that all guests get to use. Some of the standard view rooms on the Kudu Trail even have great animal views. Bus service was convenient and reliable during our stay there.

My other advice is to NOT book a split stay for your honeymoon. Choose one resort to call home so that you can really relax and soak the experience in.

Hey

So I can’t do a spilit stay as we are in the Uk and to get the free dinning and would need to purchase the tickets twice to get that as it’s abother booking and would rather a full stay anyway somewhere

Do we expect CBR to be really good transport once the sky liner is open

Also I can only get a standards view room. What will this be over looking ? A savanna view is way out our budget as we are staying there two weeks and it it’s to much extra

With all that in mind would u still go for AKL over all

Absolutely stick with AKL! First off, there are many animal viewing areas all over the resort, so standard view is fine. Also, there are actually some standard view category rooms that will have some animal views. There were areas that originally were considered Savannah View, but they weren’t great, so Disney changed them to standard view. I forget which Trail to request to increase your chances of these rooms. (I’m sure someone here can answer that). We have been staying at the Lodge since it opened, and have since become DVC members here. It is an amazing resort, with 3 of the best restaurants on property. The pools and pool bars are wonderful. And for your Honeymoon, it is a super romantic resort, with lots of quiet nooks, and fireplaces for relaxing.

Absolutely stick with AKL! First off, there are many animal viewing areas all over the resort, so standard view is fine. Also, there are actually some standard view category rooms that will have some animal views. There were areas that originally were considered Savannah View, but they weren’t great, so Disney changed them to standard view. I forget which Trail to request to increase your chances of these rooms. (I’m sure someone here can answer that). We have been staying at the Lodge since it opened, and have since become DVC members here. It is an amazing resort, with 3 of the best restaurants on property. The pools and pool bars are wonderful. And for your Honeymoon, it is a super romantic resort, with lots of quiet nooks, and fireplaces for relaxing.

Oh that’s interesting to no

Would anyone be more tempted to do CBR due to the sky liner probaly going to be open by when we go in November 2019 or would u still prefer AKL

We did stay in a standard view room at AKL last January. It was nice--we could see the animals from the viewing area and all along the corridor, just not from our room. It would have been nice to sit on the balcony and have the view. I would be tempted to rent DVC points or us a TA for a discount. I did not realize you were staying two weeks. I would take a look at the budget and see what discounts are available. I have not read much about the sky liner. You could also read the AKL and CBR threads for more information before you book.

No. I would not be more tempted to stay at CBR over AKL ever. I am actually looking forward to the skyliner and think it will be a quick and efficient means of transport, but I would rather deal with buses from AKL than stay at CBR especially with such a long trip. We stayed at CBR once, and it just is not a good resort for us. It seems like you want to stay at CBR, if so, that's fine, it is a nice resort and works for a lot of families.

No. I would not be more tempted to stay at CBR over AKL ever. I am actually looking forward to the skyliner and think it will be a quick and efficient means of transport, but I would rather deal with buses from AKL than stay at CBR especially with such a long trip. We stayed at CBR once, and it just is not a good resort for us. It seems like you want to stay at CBR, if so, that's fine, it is a nice resort and works for a lot of families.

Not at all we are stuck between the two and just can’t decide

We are late 20s and have no kids to. So thinking AKL might be better for a honeymoon

We did stay in a standard view room at AKL last January. It was nice--we could see the animals from the viewing area and all along the corridor, just not from our room. It would have been nice to sit on the balcony and have the view. I would be tempted to rent DVC points or us a TA for a discount. I did not realize you were staying two weeks. I would take a look at the budget and see what discounts are available. I have not read much about the sky liner. You could also read the AKL and CBR threads for more information before you book.

Thanks I’ll need to have a wee look

If you haven't done so already, perhaps look at some youtube videos of the grounds and rooms at each resort and decide from there.

We have stayed at both. CBR is fine. AKL is amazing. It has ruined us for other resorts. We had a standard room but requested a partial savanna view room, and it was lovely. Our family would stay there every time if we could - though budget does not allow it. :)

Again, CBR was OK... but AKL is just special in a way that CBR can't match.

We have stayed at both. CBR is fine. AKL is amazing. It has ruined us for other resorts. We had a standard room but requested a partial savanna view room, and it was lovely. Our family would stay there every time if we could - though budget does not allow it. :)

Again, CBR was OK... but AKL is just special in a way that CBR can't match.

So you think two weeks there will be amazing then

How do I request this partial savanna view room

So you think two weeks there will be amazing then

How do I request this partial savanna view room

Call the Main reservation line and add a request of "partial Savannah view please" to your reservation. If you book through a travel agent they will have to add that for you. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

We are currently booked for 24th November if I change this to 30th November 2019 do you think it will be less queues as we would miss thanks giving

Definitely change to November 30th! Crowds will die down, but even better than that is that everything will magically transpose to Christmas decor! It will be so beautiful in Disney, and just wait until you see the tree in the lobby of AKL! We usually go each year the second week of December. The crowds are very low, and we get the benefit of Holidays all around the parks. Epcot is especially fun around the holidays. Each country has their own Santa, that tells their country’s Traditions, etc., which is always fun! I think you have picked a great resort and an amazing time of year to visit! Congratulations on your marriage and Honeymoon, Jane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter