CBR - Jamaica??

kenny

DIS Veteran
How is Jamaica at the CBR? How far a walk to the food court/pool and the beach/playground.

We have stayed at Trinida South and Martinique.

Jamaica is my favorite location at CBR (just my opinion, but I think it's the BEST location in the whole place!). Just a quick walk over the bridge to Old Port Royale.

Just back from 8 nights at CBR (5/7-5/15) and was in Jamaica bldg 45- it was perfect! We were right next to the bridge to Old Port Royale, close to parking (we drove, so this was good) and close to the bus stop and the pool. I've also stayed in bldg 43 and 41, and those were good too, but #45 was the best so far! Jamaica also has a playground on its beach for the little ones. I've stayed in Trinidad South and Barbados, and I like Jamaica the best! The walk on the bridge and Caribbean Cay to the food court isn't long at all (maybe around five minutes) and it's a beautiful walk with all of the tropical landscaping and music playing.

I've stayed in Martinique and Trinidad North -- Jamaica is a great location though, has what HAS to be the biggest beach, a playground, as nice a quiet pool as any other village, and it's not a long walk across the bridge to Old Port Royale. I took a few pictures of Jamaica on our March trip this year -- the yellow buildings are just beautiful!

We've stayed at CBR 10 times and eight of those at Jamaica. We find Jamaica to be perfect, not too far and not too close.

We couldn't get an AP rate at CBR for our upcoming last minute trip in two weeks so we'll be staying at CSR. It'll be nice to try something new, but will be back at out favored CBR/Jamaica :beach: for our next visit in November.

I stayed in Aruba, it was also nice, but yes Jamaica is in the middle of everything. the bridge is just right in front of you. I loved CBR. I wish I was there right now.

Jamaica is a great location. It is a short walk across the bridge and island to the food court.

We stayed at CBR last June for 10 days. We were located in Building 41. Our pstairs room faced a lush courtyard which has lots of benches and seating for guests.

Our walk to the Jamaica quiet pool/beach was about a minute. The walk to the Jamaica bus stop was about 3 minutes and our walk to Old Port Royale was about 5 minutes.

We are headed back to the CBR this Wednesday and can hardly wait! 10 more glorious days at the CBR!

We stayed in Aruba 51, right next to Jamaica, and it was an easy walk to OPR and we actually used the Jamaica bus stop!!

Stayed in Jamaica 43 from 3-18 to 3-23. Great location in that you can see the Epcot Fireworks from the pool or the beach. Great location also in that it is at most a 5-7 minute walk to Olde Port Royale. Hope that helps.

We stayed in Jamacia #45 and thought it was a great location. It was just a short walk to everything.

We stayed in Jamacia 42 in late April, and loved it. While building 42 seemed to be the farthest away from the bridge to the Cay, the walk was nice and quiet. The pool was always nearly empty, and the beach out front was fantastic. :thumbsup2
We also found that getting off the bus at Old Port and walking across the Cay was sometimes easier than walking across the parking lot from the Jamacia bus stop...especially at night since the parking lot was not well lit. (Keep in mind that we went with two teenage girls, so walking was a little more easier, than say with someone with younger kids).
Absolutely loved the stay, and we are heading back there in Aug. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter