• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CBR booked for August what would you do?

m1ckeymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

We knew there would be construction at CBR, not when we booked last April, but as time has gone on and we haven't been too bothered, we are early risers and generally not in the resort during the day. But when we chose CBR one of the main reasons was Old Port Royale as we loved the theming, at the time we were choosing between CBR and returning to Pop, had we known we probably would have stayed with Pop Century and had a cheaper holiday. I have been trying to call Disney all day to see if we have any options for changing resort, but the wait has been over 90 minutes each time, so I guess there are a lot of people trying to do the same thing. I am also keeping in mind that the resort and therefore the lovely pool may well be quieter if the majority of people choose to move, so I would love your thoughts.

Are you due to stay at CBR too? What are you going to do?

Have you stayed at resorts with this level of closures before? Did you regret it?

Many thanks for all your input
Suzanne

I'd try and move if it was me, the year before last we visited BWV in the middle of construction and it was really noisy I would hate to have been staying at the resort. We tend to want some time to just chill at the resort during the day around the pool and you definitely couldn't relax with all the noise.

If you call Disney and get through to guest services they will offer you one of the following options:

• A free move to POR or POFQ
  • A $75 credit per night (to spend on anything in Disney)
  • £50 per night towards upgrading to a deluxe resort

People have said they've been able to upgrade to AKL for next to nothing extra. Others have moved to SSR & OKW for free.

At the very least you should call them and get the credit! If it was me, I'd probably push for a move and see what they can do with the deluxes.

CBR is going to be a building site and no amount of careful planning from Disney will change that. Take a look at the pictures of the work they're currently doing at CSR and ask yourself if it's worth the thousands you're paying to stay there, because CBR will be just as bad.

And don't bet on CBR being quiet either. They'll fill it with US schools and sports clubs at highly discounted rates.

If you call Disney and get through to guest services they will offer you one of the following options:

• A free move to POR or POFQ
  • A $75 credit per night (to spend on anything in Disney)
  • £50 per night towards upgrading to a deluxe resort

People have said they've been able to upgrade to AKL for next to nothing extra. Others have moved to SSR & OKW for free.
Can i ask, would you have to ask for a "type of compensation" as such in regards to the above or do they normally just offer it you when you complain/enquire about on going world at your resort during your stay?

Hi
Thank you so much for your replies. I hadn't even thought of school groups being offered discounted rates! Do any of you know how it would work if we downgraded to pop? We paid to upgrade to full dining and really don't want to lose it, but we know pop as a resort and at the moment it feels a bit safer to stay somewhere we know. Unfortunately we have already lost a day from the holiday as flight prices were so much cheaper for 13 nights instead of 14 :( Have been trying to call again but still 2hrs plus. We have sent an email but I don't think they will give us an easy reply by email.

Thanks as always
Suzanne

Hi
Thank you so much for your replies. I hadn't even thought of school groups being offered discounted rates! Do any of you know how it would work if we downgraded to pop? We paid to upgrade to full dining and really don't want to lose it, but we know pop as a resort and at the moment it feels a bit safer to stay somewhere we know. Unfortunately we have already lost a day from the holiday as flight prices were so much cheaper for 13 nights instead of 14 :( Have been trying to call again but still 2hrs plus. We have sent an email but I don't think they will give us an easy reply by email.

Thanks as always
Suzanne

UPDATE
We managed to get through to Disney today after 2hrs 57mins on hold. The current offer for CBR is a $25 per night gift card at check in as compensation. They are also pushing staying at the resort, although were quite helpful when I insisted on moving. All resorts quoted were more expensive by around $1000 but in the end they complimented a move to Riverside with a pool view upgrade as there are no standard rooms left for our dates. I'm so relieved, didn't really realise how upset I was until the change was sorted.

Hope everyone else manages to secure the changes they want.

UPDATE
We managed to get through to Disney today after 2hrs 57mins on hold. The current offer for CBR is a $25 per night gift card at check in as compensation. They are also pushing staying at the resort, although were quite helpful when I insisted on moving. All resorts quoted were more expensive by around $1000 but in the end they complimented a move to Riverside with a pool view upgrade as there are no standard rooms left for our dates. I'm so relieved, didn't really realise how upset I was until the change was sorted.

Hope everyone else manages to secure the changes they want.

well done!!! i can't believe you had to wait 3 hours!!!!!
yikes!
but great that it's sorted! you're love POR!! it's a wonderful resort! our favorite moderate!!

We're in exactly the same position as the OP. I'm waiting for the UK office to open at 10 before calling.
We're staying 27/7 - 10/8 and got the benefit of free dining / $200 gift card when we booked as soon as the free dining window opened.
I wish we'd just booked POR originally but I was persuaded to try a different resort, especially as CBR was a few hundred pounds cheaper - I guess I know why now :-(

We're in exactly the same position as the OP. I'm waiting for the UK office to open at 10 before calling.
We're staying 27/7 - 10/8 and got the benefit of free dining / $200 gift card when we booked as soon as the free dining window opened.
I wish we'd just booked POR originally but I was persuaded to try a different resort, especially as CBR was a few hundred pounds cheaper - I guess I know why now :-(

i hope you get in quickly without having to wait 3 hours!!! and that they move you to POR as well!! :)

i hope you get in quickly without having to wait 3 hours!!! and that they move you to POR as well!! :)

They did!!!!

Rang as soon as the line opened at 10am and although I had to wait 45 minutes for a CM, the one I got offered me POR at no extra charge as soon as I said I wanted to think about options around switching from CBR. And, as POR has no availability for standard rooms for my dates, we have a preferred room too. And we've kept all the adds on's from our original booking.

Absolutely delighted but the poor CM I spoke too sounded like she was at the end of her tether. I couldn't have been on with her for more than 5 minutes and there was no argument or suggestion that I stay at CBR. I should have asked for Grand Floridian ;-) Of course I'm joking! I've got the package I originally wanted for £600 less than it would have cost me had I booked it back in April last year.

And all thanks to Disboards for providing enough information to inform my decision making :worship::thanks:

They did!!!!

Rang as soon as the line opened at 10am and although I had to wait 45 minutes for a CM, the one I got offered me POR at no extra charge as soon as I said I wanted to think about options around switching from CBR. And, as POR has no availability for standard rooms for my dates, we have a preferred room too. And we've kept all the adds on's from our original booking.

Absolutely delighted but the poor CM I spoke too sounded like she was at the end of her tether. I couldn't have been on with her for more than 5 minutes and there was no argument or suggestion that I stay at CBR. I should have asked for Grand Floridian ;-) Of course I'm joking! I've got the package I originally wanted for £600 less than it would have cost me had I booked it back in April last year.

And all thanks to Disboards for providing enough information to inform my decision making :worship::thanks:

Well done! Welcome to the ex CBR club lol. Can't wait to stay there once the refurbishment is over though.

They did!!!!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wonderful news!!!! 'only' 45 minutes - ouch!!!!

and the POR really is a fantastic resort, so very well done!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter