CB vs GF (Apples to oranges, i know)

nocomment711

Ces Soirees-La
I'm trying to plan a trip down to wdw in September an was pricing things out. It is over $3000 cheaper to say at CB than at GF (for obvious reasons). I was wondering if any of you had any ideas. I'm gonna go with my grandma and we will have a rental car. Do you think we shoul sat at the GF and skimp on extras (like tours and special events) or should we go a little cheaper and do more fun stuff?

I would go cheaper & do all the extras but, I wouldn't stay at the CB. I'd stay at PORFQ.

i hate to say this, because i am very frugal by nature, but i would stay with the GF. i say this particularly because you will have your grandma with you. there is so much to enjoy right there at the resort, you won't feel like you missed doing other special things. i think it will be a more relaxing vacation, as well.

Grand Floridian is her favorite resort. Has been since it opened. She always say that she doesn't care where we stay, but deep down I think she does.

Well then that's a different story! :lmao:
Go with the GF if it's her favorite!!

How about a split stay? I would recommend POFQ for a moderate and then move over the the GF....

Grandma gets GF. She won't care about doing anything extra. Her treasure time is with you. Relax and have afternoon tea and treasure your memories.

Yes!! I'd go with GF too. She will love it, and you'll have special memories of it. Def do the tea. It's wonderful. We did it last time.

If you do decide on a moderate, CBR is huge, I would pick POFQ too.

We've decided to stay at POFQ. There's just so much you could do with $3000, not to mention that over $7500 for two people in Disney is crazy.

Thanks for the help!

We've decided to stay at POFQ. There's just so much you could do with $3000, not to mention that over $7500 for two people in Disney is crazy.

Thanks for the help!

I think you made a great choice & will love PoFQ! Have a great time!!

I say go for GF. It's just that its in such a great location on the monorail which connects you with the POLY and CR. Even though you will have a car the monorail will be helpful for transportation and its like an attraction in itself! :goodvibes

There's just so much you could do with $3000, not to mention that over $7500 for two people in Disney is crazy.
That's what I was going to say. A $3000 difference? To me, that's significant.

We just got back from PO and it was beautiful! Enjoy!

POFQ is a lovely resort - enjoy your stay!:)

You can definitely have tea at the GF to enjoy the ambiance - I took my mom who was in her 70's - first Disney trip - we stayed at POR - we loved tea at the GF - :cloud9:! We also enjoyed the boat to DTD - a nice perk for POR and POFQ!

Thanks for the help!

I think you made a good choice. If the difference was $1,000 or less I might be tempted to say go for it, but not a chance at $3,000. POFQ is my favorite moderate. It's not quite GF, but it is comfortable, quiet, has a very nice pool, boat to DtD, and with your rented car is just as fast to any park as GF, except for MK.

Enjoy!

bethclayton said:
i hate to say this, because i am very frugal by nature, but i would stay with the GF. i say this particularly because you will have your grandma with you. there is so much to enjoy right there at the resort, you won't feel like you missed doing other special things. i think it will be a more relaxing vacation, as well.

This plus being able able to get to parks easier with a grandma is a plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter